Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Recommendations for a waterproof phone pouch
  • molgrips
    Free Member

Samsung S6 or larger for if I upgrade to S7/8, ideally where I don’t have to remove I from its normal slimline case to get it in. Would be nice to be able to use the phone through the case too.

johndoh
    Free Member

How waterproof?

I got one of these for a holiday a couple of years ago – it leaked a tiny bit when underwater filming in the pool, but generally it was fine.

I assume you can get them for all phone types (mine is an iPhone).

CountZero

Isn’t the S7/8 actually waterproof? The iP7/8 are, as is the X, and I thought the Samsung phones were as well.
    Edit: looks like the Galaxy S8 is, not sure about the 7, the iP7 has a high level of water resistance, the 8 has as well.

hot_fiat

Got a topeak waterproof dry case which is pretty good. They do different sizes so you should be able to find one that works wiht your existing case. Works well with a capacitive screen too & has the abilty to bar mount.

S7 & S8 are ip68 afaik so you won’t really need a waterproof case.

For complete bomproofing I’ve topeak ride case for my Iphone SE. Due to my stupidity I failed to clip it on to my KTMs bar mount correctly & lost it on the M6 at fast lane on a motorbike speeds. The phone lived but was inaccessible & could still be contacted several days later. Latest version is touch id compliant!

TheGingerOne

I just use a plastic bag with reclosable snapzip thingy that the last bike purchase came wrapped in. I have a little stockpile and various sizes so can also carry money and cards etc 😉

benp1

ALoksak works well. I’ve also got the waterproof case from Decathlon, not used in anger yet but appears to work well and fits my iphone 6 with a case on

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Knotted condom.

molgrips
    Free Member

It’s not just water, it’s mud, grit and knocks and scrapes etc from the contents of my Camelbak. I’ve got an old one that has a ‘phone pouch’ but it’s sized for phones from 2004 ish and my 2017 phone won’t fit 🙂

I’ve tried freezer bags etc, and of course they work but they’re a bit shite and you can’t use your phone through them as well.

Bar mount not required.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Recommendations for a waterproof phone pouch’ is closed to new replies.