Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Recommendations for a new vacum cleaner?
  • matthewmountain
    Free Member

My Dyson (6 years old) has just started to smell like its burning!! I’ve cleaned the filters and emptied it and theres no improvement. So i’m assuming its dead. While its had regular use theres no animals so I’m a bit disappointed its packed up.

Are there any suggestions for replacements?

Lionheart
    Free Member

Henry – Pros its the One One of vacs cons its the On One of vacs

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

We have had a Mielle for about 6 years without any problems (except expensive bags). This compares with 2 years for any other vacuum cleaner my wife has used.

Based on this experience I have replaced each of my wife’s house toys with Mielle as and when they broke and am yet to see one of them fail.

footflaps

Just bought a new compact Dyson, DC-32, to replace my old DC-5 Motorhead – really impressed by it – much better than the old one.

uplink
    Free Member

We got a Sebo a couple of months ago – outstanding cleaner

Smarty
    Free Member

My Wife is a self employed cleaner and has had many vacuum cleaners
    Dysons don’t last more than 6 months – got 4 dead ones in the garage
    Currently running a Henry and a Vax Mach Air 2 which is still going strong after 12 months of use.

oxym0r0n

Mielle +1

Buy some cheap (non branded bags) off t’internet tho’

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Sebo X4 – very well made, used by professional cleaners, pretty cheap.

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

i’m with mielle as well, probably famous last words but prior to this we were going through a vacuum within a day or so of the warranty expiring.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Sebo, buy one, maintain it so it still drags you across the room, get the charcoal filters if you have dogs.

Great product but not the cheapest…

cinnamon_girl

Miele for all domestic appliances. 🙂

oxym0r0n – do you have a link please for unbranded Miele bags?

toys19
    Free Member

I use henry and other numatic stuff, solid and when the motors (which is the only moving part) youc an get cheapo replacements for 35 quid on t’bay.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Cinnamon girl,

Miele for washing & drying,

Liebherr for refrigeration,

Sebo for vacs,

It’s the rules, but not sure where that leaves the ironing… 😉

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Miele here too. Very well built (a bit heavy as a result) and outlasting every Dyson we’ve had

amplebrew

We’ve got a Hetty (Pink Henry) and found it to be really good.

We had a Dyson before and I don’t think they’re as good as folks say.

Our Dyson wasn’t a patch on the Hetty.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I’ll ask my wife 8)

pedlad

Just had to buy a replacement this week. We knew that Miele and Henry’s were good but ruled them out due to cost / need for an upright.

Ended up getting this as it’s a which? best buy – early days but seems pretty good

[/url]http://www.electrical123.com/products/ProductDetail.asp?productcode=PAN-UVC-MCUL594-B

oxym0r0n

oxym0r0n – do you have a link please for unbranded Miele bags?

dustbag.co.uk I think is where we got our last ones from?

jeffl

Sebo or Henry, depends whether you want an upright or not.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Meile Dog & Cat here…… Very good indeed.

ditch_jockey
    Free Member

Meile Dog & Cat here…… Very good indeed

Same here – got 20 unbranded bags from Amazon which seem to work as well as the originals.

Philby

Or use my strategy and hoover a lot less often – basic Hoover still going strong after 20 years.

nickf
    Free Member

Miele Cat & Dog – best brushing action I’ve used, and boringly long-lasting.

neillys75
    Free Member

Meile Cat & Dog, excellent got ours in debenhams sale

lodious
    Free Member

Liebherr for refrigeration

… err not so sure about that one, our ‘energy efficient’ Liebherr fridge stops working when the ambient temperature drops below about 8degC (manual says it needs to be +18!)…so we have to heat an unoccupied house during the day so the freezer can keep the food cold 🙄

nosherduke996
    Free Member

Meile cat and dog here.Its been the best hoover we have had and i wouldn,t go back to a Dyson.

rondo101
    Free Member

Another +1 for Meile cat & dog.

JonBurns
    Free Member

We recently bought a Bissell for the shizzel…

It’s the red lift off one which was only about £80 and it certainly does suck (in a good way…..but not the rude way).

Quite big a little bit heavy but has the advantage you can lift the main part off vacuming the stairs or curtains etc.

We got it based on a recommendation from a friend who’s is going well into it’s 2nd year.

namastebuzz
    Free Member

SEBO

Best £200 I ever spent on anything “domestic”. Great for dog/cat hair and everything else. Better to use than any others I’ve tried (haven’t used a Miele though).

13yrs later – still going strong. As are the other 4 in the family all of similar age. Just serviced it yesterday actually. Really easy to get any spares from SEBO themselves – not that much goes wrong. THey come with a 5yr warranty too.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

+ 1 Miele

and their washing machines

and their fridges

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

A Henry can survive a fall down a set of concrete stairs. A Dyson can’t survive falling down a set of carpeted stairs. This is scientifically proven. 😳 🙂

A small child won’t deliberately push Lego figures into a Henry to see them spinning round. They may well do this with a Dyson. Again, scientifically proven.

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Recommendations for a new vacum cleaner?’ is closed to new replies.