Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Recommendations for a hydration pack that holds body armour?
  • redwoods
    Free Member

Hello folks

Have had two Camelbak Agent packs now and about to send the second one back because it’s developed a leak from the bottom valve again (and neither time has the hose been removed from the main bladder). Really infuriating because the pack itself is great, but it seems like the antidote bladder might have a bit of a design flaw in this respect?

I picked the Agent pack because it came with a 3l reservoir and was suitable for carrying my POC leg body armour, which I don’t always like to wear but sometimes like to have just in case of a particularly gnar descent (I bruise like a peach)

Has anyone got any suggestions for suitable alternatives that has capacity to carry body armour?
    I liked the look of the Osprey Raven 14L after seeing it in the flesh but not sure it has the same carrying capacity.

grahamt1980

why not just get a new bladder for it. Most are likely to fit as they are normally the same size.
    saves you buying a new bag

cookeaa

why not just get a new bladder for it. Most are likely to fit as they are normally the same size.

Makes good sense to me.

In time honoured STW fashion I shall recommend what I have, source “widepac” I have the 2L but there’s a 3L version too…

grahamt1980

I found my osprey hydration bladder as it has a fairly solid back plate to it so it doesn’t collapse like some of the camelbak ones.
    That said I just use whichever one I have closest when i go out. Got a selection of them

professorfaceplant
    Free Member

my camelbak bladder has a lifetime guarantee, perhaps check yours and get camelbak to replace it for free and keep your pack

otherwise i have the Haug NV camelbak, which i love and has plently of space for carrying, plus the back panels are extremly good and reducing back sweat

dimitriscsd
    Free Member

I have the agent as well and it has been flawless and really helpful. I could never ask for anything extra on it, unless maybe a magnet holder for the hose.

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

I’ve had one of those CB bladders (used in an older pack) and I’ve not had any problems with it. Sometimes I take it off, sometimes leave it on. Keep in freezer when not in use. Odd.

jairaj

Most if not all Dakine backpacks have extra straps to carry leg and elbow pads. I have a Drafter, which can carry 3L of water, a spear full face helmet and pads as well as the usual trail side repair tools.

Had no issues with the Hydrapack bladder either. The after sales support is very good. I once chewed the bite valve and broke it. Sent Hydrapack an email saying where can I buy a new one as I was an idiot and they just sent me a new one free of charge!

JoeG
    Free Member

Osprey Zealot 16 They do a smaller 10 as well.

redwoods
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies. After reading various online reviews and bits of feedback that suggest that the leak issue might have been experienced by more than just me, I’m probably not going to give the Camelbak Agent another go and hope it’s third time lucky with the Antidote bladder. It’s a bit of a costly inconvenience having to return them at my expense each time, even if I do get them replaced free of charge.

JoeG, The Osprey Zealot looks good, but it seems if you buy it in the UK it doesn’t come with a bladder, only in the US, which is a bit rubbish.

winston
    Free Member

Hydrapak Jolla?

Great 3l bladder, 18 litres which includes a big elastic pocket perfect for armour – if too big (and it is large) then Morro perhaps

Half price at Merlin right now

Camelbak just don’t seem to design or make packs as well as they used to these days

gravity-slave
    Free Member

Osprey bladders are great, comes with the magnetic clip to fit on your sternum strap too – whack one of them in your current pack?

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/osprey-hydraulics-3l-reservoir-system/

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Recommendations for a hydration pack that holds body armour?’ is closed to new replies.