Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Recommendations for a decent Bluetooth speaker
  • DT78
    Free Member

To use with the iPad whilst watching stuff on Amazon prime and turboing.

Ideally not silly money. Anything better than a jawbone mini for around £70?

Or if anyone knows how to mod a Sonos system to work that would be great

slackboy

Yes. Buy a chromecast audio and plug it into the aux-in socket of one of your sonos components. you can then cast to audio to the chromecast from the ipad and set the sonos to play the line in source in which ever room(s) you like.

Its quite straightforward – I use it for bbc radio and podcasts from my phone.

toby1

I’d second that Chromecast audios are great.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    DT78
    Free Member

Does it need an audio input? Only the 5 has one of those, or can it work via an Ethernet connection?

I’ve got a Sony SRS X3 that is great – a quick Google suggests it might not be available anymore, but anything similar in their range should be OK

toby1

Chromecast goes in via a 3.5mm jack which there is one of on the play 1 on the sonos sure, assume it’s there on the earlier version too.

Cletus
    Free Member

Might be worth looking at an Amazon Echo although it is £150. Being able to tell it to play tunes through voice commands could be useful when turbo training.

You could buy a Wemo power socket, plug in a fan and turn it on/off by shouting commands 🙂

birky
    Free Member

I’ve got a Sony SRS X3 that is great – a quick Google suggests it might not be available anymore, but anything similar in their range should be OK

I’ve got the X3 too, very happy with it. Sony replaced it with the X33, slightly smaller and longer battery life.

Cougar

Search back through the forum. “What Bluetooth speaker” has been asked pretty much weekly since the last Ice Age.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=site:singletrackworld.com+bluetooth+speaker

Though I’d be inclined to take the Chromecast route in your case, if your Sonos thing supports it.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Recommendations for a decent Bluetooth speaker’ is closed to new replies.