Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Recommendations for a Cycling club in London/Surrey Borders
  • alansd1980

Looking to do a few xc races this year. Have got a great group for more social riding but interested in finding a club for some more fast paced rides/training.

I cant find any mtb clubs locally (Banstead/Sutton/Epsom) so thought heading to the darkside might be a way of boosting fitness. Can anyone suggest a club that might fit the bill. Ideally an after work ride and/or a weekend ride and if there were some active MTB members that would be a bonus!

TiRed

Twickenham CC. Friendly, midweek and Saturday rides. Just starting in mtb. Email in profile. If you want bigger, Kingston Wheelers.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Nirvana Cycles in Wescott do a fast paced ride on the weekend. There are a few road clubs who ride in Richmond Park

steve_b77
    Free Member

+1 for Twickenham, it’s a great club

howarthp

+1 for Twickenham

I’ve enjoyed my first year with them

dknwhy

Addiscombe CC. Been with them for a few years and it’s a really friendly club.
    Meet at Coulsdon South station. Rides Sat, Sun, the odd midweek and mtb ride too. Chain gang on a Tuesday.

Usual club route but also an alternative weekly run too.

Addiscombe CC

razorrazoo

What sort of mtb are Twickenham doing and where (Twickenham resident here but none roadie or xc whippet).

alansd1980

Thanks for the suggestions.
    Twickenham is probably a bit far for me.

dknwhy, would addiscombe allow a non member to come along for a ride to see how I get along?

Will be heading out tomorrow with Epsom CC which is close to home as well.

dknwhy

Yes they would. That’s how I started. Email Jon the club captain via the website and he’ll fill you in. PM me if any issues.
    I went a few times before I registered with the club. Register on the forum too and FB to keep up to date with info…

Sui
    Free Member

Bikebeans in Ashtead, which is next to Epsom. Has the bestest guide ever..

aP
    Free Member

Kingston Wheelers have mtb-ers, and cx-ers amongst the roadies, and a number race – including Gorrick, some 24 hour races etc. Club run starts from the car park at Laithwaites Wines on the Portsmouth Road in Surbiton. There’ll be a 3-4 hour off-road biased ride ideal for cx bikes starting from there at 9 tomorrow morning.

alansd1980

The cx ride sounds good and I might have been tempted to come along on my hard tail but I have it on good authority that the trails are in a hell of a state and probably best left alone at the moment.

Will try and come along and join one of the club rides soon if that’s ok?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Recommendations for a Cycling club in London/Surrey Borders’ is closed to new replies.