Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Recommendations for a cushioned trainer
  • BillMC

I live miles from any sports shops and it’s not easy distinguishing the characteristics of shoes online, the reviews tend to be ‘fast delivery etc’. So! I’m neutral and need a reasonably flexible midsole but with a load of cushioning on the heel as I keep knackering my ankle. Soles need to be for the street.

Any recommendations from STW runnerists or anyone else would be most gratefully received as I’m getting sick of trawling through the websites.

uwe-r
    Free Member

It will be hard without trying stuff.

For what it’s worth my last two pairs were Adidas and I find them much more solid / hard wearing although less cushioned than others. I was previously on Nikes and I think they are the best for a soft light feel but I went off them as they don’t last as well.

torsoinalake
    Free Member

Hoka seems to be the on trend cushioned brand and gets glowing reviews everywhere.

craigxxl
    Free Member

I’m a heavy runner and a heal striker too so need all the cushioning I can get. I use the Mizuno Wave Creation and more recently Prophecy both shoes have been brilliant. Reviews of these shoes state they are stiff in the midsole so may not be exactly what you want but I’ve never had a problem with them. They are however stupidly expensive so I normally get the previous years model to reduce the cost.
    I’ve also used Asics Columbus which are very good too, just softer cushioning but a much better price. Both the Asics and Mizuno gave great mileage and fit true to size i.e. I’m a slightly wide footed size 45 and both makes 45 fit perfect.

curto80
    Free Member

Saucony Ride is what you’re after.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Recommendations for a cushioned trainer’ is closed to new replies.