• This topic has 6 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by ART.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Recommendation of Bike Shops for repairs in Wales
  • Anonymous
    Free Member

I'm planning a trip to Coed-y-Brenin, Marin, Penmancho and possible Mach trails and Climachx route. Can anyone recommend bike shops in these areas in case I have a mechanical that needs fixing? Somewhere with good service and who will not rip off a girlie who hasn't a clue! Thanks in advance.

alexonabike

Maybe not totally in your area, but Revolution in Bangor have always been good to me.

Biecs Betws in Betws-y-Coed, near Penmachno and Marin trails gets my vote too.

Further south, Holy Trail in Mach is another good shop that I have only visited once, but worthy of future custom.

pault41
    Free Member

Summit cycles have a branch in Mach also in aberystwyth ,only experience of Aber branch ,but good honest service i've always found.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    mt
    Free Member

Clive or Neil at Elan Vally Cyclery (Clive Powell Mountain bikes) at Rhayader. Then get out on the Monks Trod if yer man enough to get away from a trail centre. Map reading will be required.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Anothe volte for Tegid and chums at the Holey Trail, great people. They're now running the shop at CYB as well and have been very impressed with that set up.

chakaping
    Free Member

The little shop under the visitor centre at CyB were very helpful, quick and pretty cheap when I needed a repair done over lunch last year.

Gilles

Holey Trail in Macchynleth definitely. I came and asked "Could you fix my broken spoke? ", "Yes, come back tomorrow same time and it will be done", "Well I was hoping to ride Climax this afternoon", "Ok, come back in 1h then".

ART

Holey Trail are fab – whole new drive train saved our Xmas hols one year done in the morning of the day, while we had tea and cakes. Go armed with beer and cake – you'll be welcome. 😀

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Recommendation of Bike Shops for repairs in Wales’ is closed to new replies.