Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Recommendation – Fork tuning
  • tuskaloosa
    Free Member

Hi got a Talas 32 that needs servicing, was tempted to have a go myself but thought first service since I have them I’d give it to the professionals instead.

Any recommendations was thinking of locotuning as turnaround and price seems pretty good.

thanks

raisinhat
    Free Member

Loco, Mojo, TFTuned, or Flotec if you’re in Scotland. Pick whichever suits your budget and location. That said it’s not too difficult to change oil and seals yourself if you have all the right tools and you read some guides first.

almightydutch
    Free Member

JTech in Shrewsbury also get a shout, top man near the Welsh Border!!!

tuskaloosa
    Free Member

Thanks guys … down in the SE…I did take a look at the videos and looks kinda straightforward. But I bought these second hand about 2 yrs months ago so thought best to get it serviced properly the 1st time around.

emmodd
    Free Member

Wharncliffe cycle tech if anywhere near Sheffield

iolo
    Free Member
    schmiken

If in South East try Sussed Out, great guys and awesome service.

d45yth
    Free Member

I can recommend J-Tech – I had my Talas 32 tuned, as well as having a volume spacer fitted to make it more progressive…it’s now way better than it ever was. All for £30 on top of the service price, £20 without the spacer.

filks

I got mine Loco’d. He was brilliant.

timmys

I usually go for TFtuned as the ability to see on line when the next available day is and book it is worth the few extra quid over the one man operations. For some reason I also appreciate I like the fact they send you back all the old seals etc they’ve replaced, which is completely illogical really!

Mojo are good for little extras like decals being replaced as part of the service.

dlocki
    Free Member

Unless you want the forks to perform differently to how they currently do, having tried the different adjusters etc there is no point having them “tuned” if you just want them as new a standard service will do and don’t bother with the revalve (tuning)

From personal experience – mojo tuned some 36’s for me when I was younger and didn’t even bother to call me to ask what I wanted, they did the same last year when I sent my CTD cartridge for an upgrade – but I’m abit older and wiser now so told them to explain how they have custom valved it without taking to me…

Tftuned did a push’d dhx 5 for me – the guy doing the work rang me and asked all sorts of questions and gave me options. So they’d get my shout.

On the other hand if they need a service and your willing to pay the money why not attempt it yourself?

Northwind

TF don’t necessarily listen to you mind, I was saying “These revelations are just a wee bit short on compression damping”, and all the chap kept saying was “Yeah, they’re air forks, they’ll do that”, not hearing a word of it. So I just put in ever so slightly heavier weight oil in the damper, lo and behold, exactly what I was after.

dlocki
    Free Member

^ yep I’ve heard that before aswel

Candodavid
    Free Member

TF push’d my fox 34s, no diving hole in the middle of the travel anymore.
    Sending my revs off this week for some of the same.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Recommendation – Fork tuning’ is closed to new replies.