Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Recommendation for single speed disc rear wheel
  • Algae5000
    Free Member

I’m after a recommendation for where to go/what to buy for a single speed build, disc compatible rear wheel for my Roadrat to replace my current Alfine build and go single speed for 2014. I’ve only had a quick scout around and not come up with anything obvious yet so pointers appreciated – thanks.

thepodge
    Free Member

I’m looking to get rid of my SS specific wheel in favor of one with a cassette to give me more freedom to mess with gear ratios easier.

ssboggy

As above, I’d get any cassette hub and just run a bunch of spacers with your choice of cog

djflexure

I have a hope ss hub laced onto arch ex. Like the extra points of engagement on the hope hub, but not a massive advantage.

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Looking forward to getting rid of my Hope SS wheel, the grief it is and go back to a hub with a screw on WI freewheel.

takisawa2

Might as well do it properly…

IMAG0334 by pten2106, on Flickr

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Yep, I am going Phils Hubs . Cant wait………. 😀

Algae5000
    Free Member

Are there any off-the-shelf, 700c disc specific single speed rear wheels around or is it going to be a custom build all the way?

unovolo
    Free Member

Build your own, thats what I ended up doing.
    After lots of umminng and arrhhing I ended up going with a cassette hub.
    Various reasons such as more Hub choices,easily rebuildable,able to fine tune chain line,easy to change gear ratios(easier than removing a freewheel anyway).

I ended up with a 2nd Hand Hope Bulb if memory serves it has more pick up points than standard XC hub(bonus) and makes a nice ‘Clicky’ noise(double bonus)

bigblackshed

Thrustyjust – Member
    Looking forward to getting rid of my Hope SS wheel, the grief it is

Where as mine has been no issue what so ever. The only downside is that after 5 hours of Bike Park Wales the noise was getting a bit much.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Recommendation for single speed disc rear wheel’ is closed to new replies.