Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Recommendation for 2015 scotland bike visit
  • nforcer
    Free Member

Hey,

i’m a passionated mountainbiker from germany.
    I fell in love with scotland. I’ve been there three times.
    Two times i was hiking in the highlands (Aviemore/Lairig Ghru). I really love these landscapes.
    2015 i want to visit scotland with my enduro bike.

What areas i shouldn’t miss on a road trip?
    I’m looking for some nice freeride/enduro like tours.

Cheers Matthias

stavromuller
    Free Member

If you like enduro, then you have to make your trip during the Tweedlove festival between the 17th and 31st of May [/url]

deluded
    Free Member

Bookmarked – also planning Scotland trip.

sonofozzz1
    Free Member

Ride golspie and Laggan if you can, they are the best trail centers imo.
    I got a guide in Aviemore contacted through Bothy bikes. That was the best, fresh loam on newly built locals trails.
    The guy that guided us was Nash Masson but if he’s not available I’m sure they know others.

ivnickkate
    Free Member

+1 http://tweedlove.com/ especially the EWS enduro world series, entries available shortly, but watch, it sells out very quickly, as you get to race meet the pros.

tomd
    Free Member

Hi,

This book is a good starting point:

http://www.v-publishing.co.uk/books/categories/mountain-biking/scotland-mountain-biking-vol-2.html

There is also a Volume 1 which is quite good. Ideal if you want to do some of “classic” big rides around the highlands.

Also post up here when you know when you’re coming, lots of folk would be happy to do a ride or two with you.

danjthomas
    Free Member

I too, am thinking of a trip up to Scotland. Although, I’m tempted to get a flight abroad from and doing a few days,

whitestone
    Free Member

tomd: I though vol 1 was aimed at long days in the saddle and vol 2 mainly shorter, more technical stuff? Some crossover obviously. Both good books and there aren’t many bad rides in them (Glen Garry excepted)

nforcer
    Free Member

Wow thats a lot of advises. Thank you.

Maybe, someone who is living up there, is willing to spent a day with me biking and showing me some trails beside the known trail centers?

Cheers Matthias

chakaping
    Free Member

Would you have time to get up to Torridon? Fantastic all-mountain riding and mind-blowing scenery up there.

Do you have a GPS device for navigation?

billyboy
    Free Member

+1 for Torridon/Applecross area. It is just a bit special. (So is the weather sometimes tho!)

danti

+ 1 for Torridon area for stunning natural riding and Golspie for Trail Centre stuff.

If you post on here nearer to the time you’re planning on coming over then I’m sure you’ll get some people to ride with.

Northwind

Tweedlove is a brilliant event but entering the EWS round will take most of a week so not sure if that fits your holiday plans?

chakaping
    Free Member

Even if you don’t make the EWS it’s well worth riding Innerleithen anyway.

Shouldn’t be hard to find a guide to show you round the off-piste tracks there in return for a bier or zwei.

nforcer
    Free Member

Thanks.
    I have the time it takes to make a good roadtrip 🙂
    Sure i have a gps.
    What is so special about torridon?

rickmeister

Matthias, where in Germany are you ?

Also a friend of mine is a torridon / north west scotland expert and bike guide…
    Google go-where and Andy McKenna

jimmy

When are you planning on coming? I’m sure people will be happy to ride with you. We’re going to torridon in April. Make sure you come before June / July or after September.I don’t know the German for Midges but something like “die kleinste Arschlöcher der Welt” and there’s millions of them.

Scapegoat

Friend of mine calls the midges the Caledonian Luftwaffe, so I hope Matthias forgives the phrase and sees it for the ironic humour…..

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Recommendation for 2015 scotland bike visit’ is closed to new replies.