Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Recommend trail SPD shoes please.
  • the_lecht_rocks

my old Shimano MP66 are almost dead.

any recommendations ?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

5.10 minaar? There are some new teva ones coming soon that look nice

stufive
    Free Member

I love these shoes there so comfortabe there not the cheapest but they are v good
    http://www.bike-treks.co.uk/298924/products/specialized_rime_mtb_shoe_white_black.aspx

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    tpbiker
    Free Member

I’ve got the rimes as well. Great shoes.

the_lecht_rocks

Teva SPD ?

not a 5:10 fan for SPD shoes.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Saw the demo ones look quite nice lighter than the minaars too. Out this summer?

curiousyellow
    Free Member

I have some Shimano M162s which get worn all the time unless it’s race day.

Love the M162s. Trying to scrape some money together to buy a second pair so I have a dry pair when the first one doesn’t dry out.

Fortunateson09
    Free Member

Did you get on with the 66s? I love mine, so when they die I reckon I’ll just replace them with AM45s

clubby

MP66, are those the white stormtrooper shoes?
    I’ve a pair I’ve been meaning to sell but never got around to. Barely used as I went to flats and 5:10s not long after buying them. If you’re a 43 you could grab a bargain.

Burchy1
    Free Member

I bought a pair of the AM45’s as a second pair for my MP66’s and wasn’t impressed at all. Shimano really dropped a b*llock IMO when they stuck all those holes in the side of the shoe as they let water in like a sieve.

Clubby – If the OP isn’t interested i am, mails in my profile.

mtbfix

Another vote for Specialized Rimes here.

scruff
    Free Member

Really like my Mavic Cruizes, very comfy and non-disco slipper.

stevede
    Free Member

I know you said you don’t like 5.10’s but I really like my Maltese falcons – not the nicest looking but prefer them to my am45’s.

st

A vote for 5.10 Maltese Falcons here, nice and comfy and more casual looking than a disco slipper. Scruff’s Mavics above look good and ideal if you have Cinderella feet.

BadlyWiredDog

Another vote for Mavics, I use the Mavic Rush as an all-round trail/race shoe and I’d buy a pair of Alpine XLs in a second if they were available in colours other than white. Or maybe the standard Alpine.

Those Specialized shoes are magnificently hideous btw. As if they’ve designed them as the result of some sort of dare… 😉

xiphon
    Free Member

Loving the AM45s + DX pedal combo

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I’m a big fan of the Spesh Tahoe. Velcro AND laces, which is a big plus for me. Look normal enough off the bike.

Clobber
    Free Member

Tahoe tooooo flexy for me… How do the Mavics size up?

davosaurusrex

Another vote for Shimano M162s. Look a bit too much like golf shoes but other than that near perfect

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Specialized body geometry. Good for the knees…

BadlyWiredDog

Tahoe tooooo flexy for me… How do the Mavics size up?

I’d say they’re bang on standard sizing for me, maybe just very slightly snug, though the Scree is about half a size smaller than the nominal sizing, probably because the Gore-Tex liner bulks up the inside of the shoe and Mavic hasn’t allowed for it. That’s based on the Rush and having tried on a pair of Screes in what’s nominally the same size. Scree looks good in a Defroster sort of middle-ground cool-weather way as well.

the_lecht_rocks

Clubby I AM a 43 ,

clubby

Worn them a dozen or so times, but went to proper flats for technical riding and disco slippers for XC so not much need for them. Can send pics if you want to see condition.
    My email address is in my profile if you want to do a deal.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Recommend trail SPD shoes please.’ is closed to new replies.