Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Recommend somewhere in the Midlands to practise jumps
  • pinch_flat
    Free Member

So I’ve got a trip to alps in a few months and as a lot of the tracks have jumps that are bigger than I’m used to I’m looking for somewhere to practise. Anyone got a good venue in the Derbyshire, Nottingham or Sheffield area they’d recommend?

dawson

There is a jump area at Sherwood Pines, 3x different sets, easy. Medium, hard.

Not really my scene so don’t know if any good to you. Look for some YouTube videos.

Bolehills bmx track in Sheffield? Parkwood got any jumps?

seany_e_boy
    Free Member

Some of the downhill trails at cannock chase are a bit rougher than most XC stuff.

I avoid them which doesn’t really say much.

The only problem is they are farly short, compared to the alps anyway.

orangefatlad
    Free Member

Wharncliffe and Grenoside have some good stuff, starting with small tables (Grenoside), moving up to completely insane (Wharncliffe)!

danbillam
    Free Member

I’m from Mansfield and there’s loads of places local to practise jumps from tiny to huge.
    Cauldwell
    Bestwood
    Morley
    Eckington

pinch_flat
    Free Member

I’ve heard that there are trails in bestwood but have never found them- what’s the secret?

iain1775
    Free Member

Some very big stuff in Bestwood, north Nottingham
    Morley Woods is just north of Derby off A38 (Drum Hill on map) its only a couple minutes push or ride back up, few lines with some big (to me anyway) jumps

Sheff – Bolehills, Greno Whancliffe, Sheepskulls maybe
    Derby – Avaston Park national BMX track, Morley Woods, Shining Cliff (Ambergate)
    Notts – Bestwood, Sherwood Pines jump park

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Wharncliffe is good for the steep nadgery stuff too.

Alvaston BMX track in Derby is an easy ride from the station too. Like most BMX tracks it’s as hard as you want it to be.

Bolehills is closed for a couple of weeks IIRC whilst the new surface beds in.

gravity-slave
    Free Member

Bolehills is open, up and running.

Most of the jumps more dirt jump than DH style though. Greno good for getting into it, a few medium sized tabletops at Parkwood too.

Chesterfield BMX track, Staveley, used to be great but not been for years.

pinch_flat
    Free Member

Was thinking a trip to parkwood the Grenoside would be a good starting point.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Recommend somewhere in the Midlands to practise jumps’ is closed to new replies.