Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Recommend some riding for this weekend – near Newcastle
  • solamanda
    Free Member

I’m in the area on saturday and not sure where to ride. Only idea so far is Kielder. Any ideas?

Cheers

Tonylem
    Free Member

Hi Dave, Keilder is worth a look, make sure you do the black bit off the main red route, its only short but a cracking blast down.
    The other option would be Hamsterley, but unless you know your way around the unmarked stuff you will almost certainly be dissapointed. Same goes for my local riding haunt Chopwell. I would love to show you round some of the stuff I know, but I am broken at the moment 🙁 – damn collarbone!
    A couple of hours drive would also get you to Innerleithen/Glentress.

solamanda
    Free Member

Hi Tony, thanks for the tip. Not keen on Glentress, been there once before and wasn’t that impressed.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    brakes
    Free Member

go to Hamsterley – you’ll wet your pants
    in a good way

plenty of obvious DH and 4X stuff to keep you occupied

solamanda
    Free Member

Yes the tracks there are good! 🙂 However much I’d love to go to hamsterly for the dh I’m really after xc this weekend.

Creg

Guisborough Woods/North York Moors?

HeathenWoods
    Free Member

This is handy or there’s the Cheviots not far up the road. And then there’s the Simonside area.

I’ve not lived up that way for ages and only take a bike out up there once in a while so hopefully someone else’ll be along soon to give you some actual routes that don’t rely on a failing memory.

Mackem

Lots of nice, natural XC round Blanchland, get a map and follow the bridleways.

jonb
    Free Member

Kielder is probably easiest for simple navigation and cheap thrills. Do the deadwater trail and new red loop for a nice ride. Or head over the border to Newcastleton (35miles) for a longer run.

Most other places are nice but require more knowledge.

If you’re free Sunday then NMBC are going to Thrunton so you can tag along.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Recommend some riding for this weekend – near Newcastle’ is closed to new replies.