Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • recommend some on-line documentaries films please!
  • headsup-spam
    Free Member

thank you!

slowjo
    Free Member

This should be on BBC iPlayer.

Brilliant, if a little depressing.

alexxx
    Free Member

get the 1 month free trial of netflix and watch the socks off the docs! lots of good ones

geetee1972
    Free Member

There is an Afghan conflict film called ‘Restrepo’ that’s very good. A very realistic and gritty portrayal of soldiers in combat.

Three_Fish
    Free Member

Loads here

blades2000
    Free Member

Bill bailey guide to the orchestra, its on you tube

maccruiskeen

(posted from sheffield documentary festival)

a series of films called “working mans death” can be found somewhere on al jazera’s website. The sulphur mining one has some astounding cinematography in it. There are snippets of Danfung Denis’s work about online but I’m not sure if you can see any full films yet. Any bits of “hell and back again” are well worth looking for.

Watched Sean Macalister’s ‘reluctant revolutionary’ last night, his earlier film “the liberace of Baghdad” is online I think. His works an aquired taste – your not sure what is the biggest car crash – the conflict zones where he films, Sean’s own shambles of a life or his camera work. So worth a watch though. Reluctant revolutionary should pop up on the bbc sometime soon, although it will be sanitised for broadcast.

Rockhopper
    Free Member

Restrepo is indeed awesome. The guy who filmed it was later killed in Lybia.

StirlingCrispin
    loddrik
    Free Member

Look up Trinity And Beyond, it’s about the development of nuclear weapons, fascinating award winning stuff.

deft
    Free Member
    geetee1972
    Free Member

Restrepo is indeed awesome. The guy who filmed it was later killed in Lybia.

Christ really?

thegiantbiker
    Free Member

Cafe Cowboy is a documentary about this guy who makes some really nice cafe racer motorbikes.

kayak23

Just watched Forks over Knives which is a pretty interesting (if a little American) documentary on the health benefits of a wholefood, plant-based diet (Which I’m sure will cause a bit of aggression among the STW meaty militants…)

Anyways, I thought a lot of it made sense… 😀
    Online link

Trailer
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7ijukNzlUg&feature=player_embedded[/video]

BoardinBob

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZDJwkwk8vA[/video]

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘recommend some on-line documentaries films please!’ is closed to new replies.