Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Recommend some iPhone/Pod speakers, please.
  • lagerfanny
    Free Member

Had a gander at some of the higher end speakers & my ears were quite impressed with these,
    http://www.johnlewis.com/231019983/Product.aspx
    Any real user reviews or other products of similar value would be very helpful, thanks.

CountZero

These seem to be getting fantastic reviews. Henry Rollins was raving about them on a tech forum I happened to come across and all the reviews I've seen have been incredibly positive. Not cheap, but very portable.
    http://www.musicdirect.com/product/86604

mudpup
    Free Member

Fatman iTube valvedock and a set of QAcoustic or Wharfedale spekaers.

scooper
    Free Member

If the Zeppelin minis (£300) are anything like the zeppelin (£400) I would give them serious consideration

Three_Fish
    Free Member

Is it for listening to downloaded MP3s?

P20

At the cheaper end of the scale, I've had the logitech ones for about 3yrs, they've since been updated. They have a rechargeable battery, good for about 10hrs which makes them genuinely portable. Ideal for BBQ or camping etc. Nice clean sound. Only about £100

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Do you have a home Hi-Fi? If so, a headphone to phono lead sorts it out for about £5 🙂

rOcKeTdOg
    Jamie
    Free Member

Is it for listening to downloaded MP3s?

…and if it is there is no point going high end unless all your tunes are encoded at -V0 Variable or 320 CBR.

chiefgrooveguru

Smaller active studio monitors will spank all the lifestyle docks for a similar price but at an aesthetic cost!

lagerfanny
    Free Member

I tried the bigger B&W Zeppelin earlier today in Selfridges. Stuck my iPhone on it and blasted out some RUSH.
    Very impressed with the crispness and clarity. The volume of air it displaces from the rear apertures is amazing!
    Was really enjoying myself till the mrs clocked the £400 price 🙄
    Would love to hear a Fatman iTube set up as the use of valves really appeals to me but are they only online retail?

Three_Fish
    Free Member

…and if it is there is no point going high end unless all your tunes are encoded at -V0 Variable or 320 CBR.

Precisely.

mudpup
    Free Member

You can get Fatmans from a few "proper" shops – try Peter Tyson as they are an excellent dealer with a good online service.
    I've got a Fatman iTube carbon version 2 with QAcoustics 2050i floorstanders and it sounds awesome!!!
    If you can get to Herts/Essex/London area you are welcome to have a cuppa and a listen.
    You do notice its a lot better with 320kbps files but the valves really make lower quality files sound better than tranny amps – they seem to sound a bit more open and spacious.
    I also have a Klipsch iGroove HG for jnr's room and thats a real alternative to a Zeppelin but for half the price – it has a lovely expansive hifi sound with a particularly solid, controlled and deep bass. Try and check one out before you spend on a B+W Zepp.

skidsareforkids
    Free Member

The Zeppelin is just incredible! I used to have a Zeppelin and an Arcam CD separate system, and have since happily ditched the separates… It fills a big room no problem! My only gripe is I think the remote is a little fiddly.

DrJ

Ideal for BBQ or camping etc

<grouch> Remind me not to camp near you. </grouch>

incognito
    Free Member

the bose sounddock is about £150 for the wired and £300 for the portable. I'd certainly recommend those.

TiRed

Bought a Klipsh iGroove, was £85 when I bought mine. Highly recommended if you are allergic to the "Bose sound".

Next step up, soundwise, would be the Zeppelin, avoid the mini Zeppelin with on-board DAC, sounded far worse than the Klipsh.

Make sure you install Tune-in radio App for the full internet radio utility. This replaced our Roberts DAB radio in the kitchen for most duties.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Recommend some iPhone/Pod speakers, please.’ is closed to new replies.