Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Recommend some flat carbon handlebars
  • onandon
    Free Member

Hello

Looking for some flat carbon XC/ trail bars.
    Ideally flat means flat, so no upsweep and as little back sweep as possible.
    Width – between 700 – 760

Budget up to £160.

Easton EC90s are an old favourite from years past but what’s worth looking at now?

Thanks

Rorschach
    Free Member

so no upsweep and as little back sweep as possible.

Do you hate your wrists?
    USE Atom are only 5degree (and make me wince looking at them).

reggiegasket
    Free Member

Syntace are excellent but too much backsweep for you.

I run EC70 on the 29er. They’ve been fine too.

njee20
    Free Member

Mt Zoom very good, not much backsweep.

onandon
    Free Member

so no upsweep and as little back sweep as possible.

Do you hate your wrists?

Far from it. I love my wrists 🙂 . The few times I’ve used bars with up/ backsweep I’ve had wrist pain.

onandon
    Free Member

I was going to call mt zoom later to see if they would be ok for trail use. I had some a few years ago but were used for XC.

rocketman
    Free Member

Had no luck getting Thomson’s carbon flat bar to stay put in a variety of stems inc Thomson’s own X4. Would not recommend it.

Northwind

Exotic do a fairly straight one (I had it and hated it). 6.5 sweep and no up, 750mm.

mttm
    Free Member

I bought some Kinesis Strut F750 bars from Winstanley’s recently that pretty much match your requirements (0 rise, 6.5 degree, 750 width). They were also a rather excellent price 🙂

Here

Very pleased with them

shortyj15

Mtzoom ones will be fine for trail use. I’ve had a set on for the last 3 years and not a single issue.

mccraque

Syntace Vector. Amazing. Available in different sweeps too…

mttm
    Free Member

Mtzoom are 9 degree back sweep – if backsweep is causing you wrist pain, these might not be the best choice for you?

onandon
    Free Member

Mtzoom Come in two flavours. The other is 4 degree.
    I’ll be looking at the suggestions this evening 🙂

Northwind

I’m pretty sure the exotic and kinesis are the same bar btw, a mate had a set of the F750s and they looked identical other than the cosmetics. (the kinesis is prettier tbh!)

adsh
    Free Member

I have some more or less unused MT zoom 4 degree 710mm flats from my epic build this June. My wrists have become quite arthritic and it turns out I need some more back sweep. Built the bike up with them and then changed to 9degree

Drop me a line if interested

onandon
    Free Member

Thank, you have email. Could be interested in those.

The bike came with enve trail bars which are far too swept for me. I’ve not ridden them, but they feel and look all sorts or wrong.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Recommend some flat carbon handlebars’ is closed to new replies.