Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Recommend some cordless headphones please! (for C_G Towers)
  • cinnamon_girl

Thinking about replacing my rubbish Sony ones that are used at home. I like my music (guitar gods) and need to hear all the chords but my hearing is seriously bad 😥

Have been impressed with my Sennheiser portable headphones, are their cordless ones any good?

Thank you so much!

cinnamon_girl

Nobody on STW with an opinion on headphones, blimey, that's a first 🙂

guitarmanjon
    Free Member

Here's some cheap ones that you can bin if they're rubbish…
    Alditastic

Anna-B
    Free Member

CG should be able to get a recommendation for good ones for you, will be in touch. What's your budget? mail me if you want.
    abx

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I have some Sennheiser FM cordless headphones and would have slagged them off badly last week, but I have just actually pinpointed the fault as being the output from my DVD player.

Now I have figured it, I am very happy with the sound quality, although there is sometimes that annoying FM 'buzz' when reception is interfered with.

cinnamon_girl

Thanks for replies (eventually) 🙂

guitarmanjon – with a name like that, I would have expected better!

Anna – thank you, haven't a clue how much these things cost but around £100?

m_f – is that "buzz" not due to other electrical products in close proximity?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

m_f – is that "buzz" not due to other electrical products in close proximity?

Well it can be many things – the transmitter sits next to my telly/PS3/Sky+/DVD player and transmission is fine, but I can sometimes just move slightly or have someone walk by and get the buzz – just like with a radio.

They are dead comfy though 🙂 And Sennheiser are a cool brand too 😉

RichPenny
    Free Member

Why do you want cordless ones? You will be paying a large premium for a reduction in sound quality. Had you thought about a cheap mp3 player with wired phones?

cinnamon_girl

Rich – I believe I have neighbours due to move in soon 😥 I play my music loud cos my hearing is rubbish so will have to change my bad habits. Like being able to wander around with cordless ones.

Have an mp3 player with Sennheiser cordless – never use it.

But I do realise you have considerable expertise in hifi matters so naturally welcome your thoughts!

guitarmanjon
    Free Member

guitarmanjon – with a name like that, I would have expected better!

I didn't say I would be buying any, they were in my usual Aldi-update email. I use some Sennheisers at home but they have a wire. Agre with the above about paying a premium for the wireless technology that goes into them.

Have an mp3 player with Sennheiser cordless – never use it.

Why not try using this for a while?

RichPenny
    Free Member

Elaine, you should try what I do when I move house. Throw a party, invite all the neighbours. Only had one complaint so far, when someone put on some reggae at 2am and wanted to see how loud it would go 🙄

cinnamon_girl

Rich – asking a silly question, I may still have the corded headphones lying around. Could I get an extension cord for them?

If I had a party, I honestly don't think the neighbours would come. Reckon they all think I'm a weirdo, can't think why 😳

Reggae at 2 am is just so so wrong!

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

second the Sennheiser cordless

i use them for my tv at work as i share a room with 4 guys and when there is 4 diffrent programs on its annoying so i got some of them

CountZero

C_G, I don't know much about cordless 'phones, but there's loads out there if you don't mind importing. I found this lot:
    http://www.noisefreeheadphones.com/cordless_headphones.htm
    plus I found this test write-up from TimesOnline that might help:
    http://technology.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/tech_and_web/personal_tech/test_bench/article2361373.ece
    Hope this helps a bit, I know more about in-ear phones for portables.

hp_source

Richer sounds have some Sennheiser for £89,

Richer Sounds

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Recommend some cordless headphones please! (for C_G Towers)’ is closed to new replies.