Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Recommend – Running shorts.
  • FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I need some new running shorts!

My current Nike ones are falling apart.

Criteria:

Approx 2.5″ inseam.
    Built in liner (not mesh)
    Zip pocket on waist.

So far I am only coming up with Ronhill Advance Cargo Freedom Short. Any other offerings out there?

Ta

perchypanther
    Free Member

Recommend – Ruinning shorts.

What are you planning to ruin?

cat69uk
    Free Member

Patagonia Nine Trail Shorts, loads of pockets and super comfy.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Patagonia Nine Trail Shorts, loads of pockets and super comfy

But 8″ Inseam… they will drown me

Bream
    Free Member

How about Gore? Have a pair of the Essential 2.0 myself and love them.

santacruzsi
    Free Member

I come across a thread on here a while ago, i was suffering with erm ‘chaffing’ , but i managed to get some UnderArmour ones that have the bits you require. Quite pricey but been comfortable since. Sports Direct generally have them on the cheap.

superfli
    Free Member

I’ve recently started using a base layer/compression short with regular non lined shorts. Very comfy.

jam-bo

whats the liner like?

prawny

I’m with superfli, I did all my training and the Birmingham Half in my normal bib shorts with the pad in.

Didn’t have cash to spend on specific gear, and found them absolutely fine. Suffered no end before I decided to give it a go.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Sorry should have said, by liner I mean brief type thing rather than lycra short type things.

but i managed to get some UnderArmour ones that have the bits you require

The under armour ones I have seen say mesh liner? Can you remember the model?

alanf
    Free Member

I’ve got some Asics that sort of fit your criteria although not sure on inseam, but have a waist zip pocket and basic liner.

lunge

As ever, Decathlon to the rescue. They’re what I use and I like them. The wait pocket is just big enough for my keys and not much more which is perfect for me.

joshvegas
    Free Member

Decathlon here too.

As good as anything I’vw ever used

scuttler

Proper shorts have go-faster stripes

trailofdestruction
    Free Member

I have a pair of these

https://www.athleteshop.co.uk/craft-joy-2-in-1-shorts-men-black-s?gclid=COPp0-vygtECFUS4GwodaSIC4Q

Most comfortable running shorts I’ve ever owned. Would happily buy another pair.

cat69uk
    Free Member

whats the liner like?
    Slight compression, just a soft lycra.

spacemonkey

Helly Hansen jobbies have lasted me 3 yrs of running and messing around outside. Excellent quality. Can’t recall the name but they’re about £30+ with 2 pockets and mesh. Would buy again if only I could find them.

mikey74
    Free Member

I use Gore X Ultra shorts, which are superb.

trailofdestruction
    Free Member

cat69uk – Member
    whats the liner like?
    Slight compression, just a soft lycra.

Soft lycra rather than compression, but really comfy. A lot nicer than mesh liners.

i_like_food

I’d third Decathlon, really comfy smooth liner and one zip pocket. I’m a shortarse so while I’m not sure about the inseam, they work for me.

glasgowdan
    Free Member

Trust STW to get all technical about running shorts!

mogrim

Soft lycra rather than compression, but really comfy. A lot nicer than mesh liners.

I’ve got some of these, both Decathlon and Salomon, and they’ve been great up to and including 100km+ ultras. If you’re not that picky, just go for Decathlon’s middle priced range. (I avoid the cheapest ones for anything other than gym duties, although they’re fine for that).

Gibbysrabbit
    Free Member

I’ve been using Ronhill for years & very happy with them.

Simple & cheap (I use these http://www.jackson-sports.com/en/Ronhill-Advance-5-Short/m-10666.aspx – bit longer than what you’re looking at)

CraigW
    Free Member

I’ve got quite a few Ronhill shorts, comfy for me anyway. Most of mine are a bit longer, probably 4 or 5″. It seems the really short shorts don’t have proper zip pockets.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Recommend – Running shorts.’ is closed to new replies.