Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Recommend MTB tuition / lessons in Surrey
  • I know this has probably been asked before, but looking for recommendations for tuition in Surrey area. I am 10 minutes away from Swinley Forest and 30 mins away from Surrey Hills.

I am not a complete novice, and tend to ride blues & red’s at Swinley…however, I know my technique is suspect to say the least. I want more confidence basically.

It seems “Singletrack school” offer weekend deals that might work for me – can anyone recommend them or perhaps something else in the area?

riddoch

I used All biked up and I thought the course was pretty good. Based in the Holmbury St Mary. I think the instructor is the same guy who does the skills section in the IBM online magazine.

weeksy

I used Purple bike thingy from Swinley… it was garbage.

tuskaloosa
    Free Member

Richard Kelly from All Biked Up

michaelbowden

As above, Richard @ All Biked Up

peekay

There are some people I occasionally ride with who have an MTB guiding business called Flowtastic, based around the Surrey Hills area. Nice blokes, great riders and know the area very well.
    Think they might do coaching too but not sure so best to check with them. They have flyers in a few of the local pubs with details or Google.
    Also heard good things about All Biked Up courses.

joolsburger
    Free Member

Yup Richard is good.

Mbnut
    Free Member

Richard at http://www.allbikedup.com/ is great.

It is a progressive course so well worth committing to either their progressive package or determine to attend all 3 of the open skills sessions.

Time and money well spent.

jambalaya
    Free Member

I’ve done stuff with Richard at All Biked Up (Surrey Hills) and with Jedi at UK Bike Skills. Richard is a decent guy and if you are looking for coaching around an area you will ride then that’s worth doing. You see Richard out and about on the trails all the time. However you cannot compare All Biked Up with the range and depth of tuition and the facilities that Jedi has. If you get on well and want to start doing a bit of jumping (and can’t to go to UK Bike Skills) then go on a Nirvana Cycles freeride practice ride (Sat am I recall)

garage-dweller

Singletrackschool.Co.UK

I have been on a corporate day with them a few years back and also what they call their level 2 course with the optional guided ride in the afternoon last spring. For the elimination of bad habits for a general get out in the hills type rider I thought it was very good. Small group of us, good trails, a bit of banter and in my case a terminally bent front wheel.

My wife has just handed over another voucher for my birthday so I will be headed back at some point…

I also foresee a jedi day next year as I have heard such good things and suspect / hope from his reviews he may be able to view a cure a couple of riding blind spots for me with some personally focused tuition.

garage-dweller

Save another edit that’s Surrey hills too

jedi

Thanks for the recommend jambalaya

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

I enjoyed a weekend with singletrack school – esp Jess.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Recommend MTB tuition / lessons in Surrey’ is closed to new replies.