Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • recommend me….a pump to take with me on the trails.p.s. im not loaded…
  • odannyboy
    Free Member

as above really.only got a small camelbak and my current mega cheapo pump has to stick out the top all the time plus it doesnt clip directly on to the presta valve but has the old cheapo leaky hose thingy.
    its to big/cheapo and will let me down when i need it most im sure!

z1ppy

I think the topeak mtn morph is a great pump, but you might feel its a bit big.
    Had good results with the Blackburn range though before I swapped to the morph

CountZero

The Blackburn Mammoth Mtn pumps have always been fantastic value for money and really well made as well as godd at moving air. Mine was only a tenner, but I think they're a little more now.

richcc
    Free Member

Aldi/ lidl etc or wilkos if you're in the right part of the country. I've had an aldi pump for years. Would have been substantially less than a tenner and served me well

brant
    Free Member

You need a Ragley Rude Pump.
    Though this is clearly a blatant plug for a product that's not arrived yet.

montylikesbeer

Morph mountain

Link above, its over twenty quid but is superb

DickBarton

Topeak Mtn Morph – great unit…very reliable and consistent. Bit big but the performance from it makes up for that – it's a mini track pump so makes inflation a total doddle.

paule
    Free Member

Another vote for the blackburn pumps – my one's 8 years old and still going strong

IA

+1 for blackburn. Or I had a specialized for many years too, and it worked pretty good.

Seamus
    Free Member

The topeak mini morph is a good pump if you find the mountain morph too big. Requires a bit more effort but no problems pumping 2.1s up to ~30PSI

transporter13
    Free Member

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=5118

thats the one I use and I can recommend it wholeheartedly

Bimbler
    Free Member

Mountain Morph – I bought 3 different other pumps because I didn't want to lash our the £26 or whatever that a mountain morph cost – they were all crap (generic Topeak Mini pump, the abomination of the pull thingy pump, and a Crank Brothers one,actually this one wasn't too bad). It's a great pump if a little big but fits in my hydration pack with no probs.

stumpy01

I have an old version of the Topeak Master Blaster & it's still going strong after about 6-7 yrs. The handle came off over the winter, but that was my own stupid fault & I've just hashed something together to keep using it.
    When it gives up the ghost I'll replace it with another Topeak.

You can get the master blaster for about £15.

bigyinn
    Free Member

I'll probably get flamed for this. But the one i have came from Halfords about 4 years ago.
    I converts into a mini track type pump. Is about 14" long, aluminium barrel. Its got a little foot you stand on to hold it steady and the handle swings round to form a T shape. It was about £10 when i bought and i think its about £15. Easy to use and not too much hard work required.
    Tried double shot pumps, mini pumps, spesh ones and they all **** up when you least need them to. A double shot pump nearly caused my group of mates to catch hypothermia one rather cold and snowy winter ride going up Glen Ample.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘recommend me….a pump to take with me on the trails.p.s. im not loaded…’ is closed to new replies.