Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Recommend me…..A campsite in the south of France
  • steve-g
    Free Member

As the title suggests.

I am looking to go away, probably just for 1 week, will have to be in the summer holidays. I have my own enormous tent, and I am looking for a family friendly car camping holiday, not a single person orienteering expedition.

2 kids, who will be 6 and 3 and will not have been camping before. Does anyone have any recommendations, tip or tricks to help.

Thanks
    Steve

BenjiM

OK not in the South of France but in Picardy, near Champagne. We went in Early June last year and the weather was excellent. The site facilities including a man made beach are superb. Plus they operate excursions to Disneyland Paris.

http://www.la-croix-du-vieux-pont.com/en/

steve-g
    Free Member

Thanks guys, some interesting reading to be done there

BenjiM

We enjoyed it so much we booked again to go this year. We Our little girl was just under 2 before when we went and loved it. There are also kids clubs and water activities. Plus Pierrefonds Chateau isn’t far away, it’s used in Merlin apparently as Camelot. Very impressive and in a lovely little town.

northernmatt

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/camping-in-france-3

That was the response I got.

We took a 2.5yr old and didn’t get further than Burgundy as it would have been too much travelling for him. Yours may be different. 1 week isn’t enough, you’ll spend 2 days travelling minimum, I’d want to break that down into two days if going to the south. That would leave you three days actual holiday.

sv

Watched last years world cup final in that ^^^ ‘beach hut’! Site is ok but the weather was rubbish for the first week, indoor pool area helped as did the indoor 5-a-side pitch.

For South of France enjoyed this one:

[/url]

I managed to break of the car barrier at the front gate on the first day 🙂

dragon
    Free Member

Etoile Dargens campsite

We stayed here last year, just outside Frejus (~3 miles). Can access beach from campsite via free river boat service or alternatively drive into town in 10 minutes. Loads to do both onsite and offsite. Frejus/St Raphael are both interesting in their own right, with Cannes and St Tropez East and West respectively for day trips, plus north for Gorge Verdon.

It was all brilliant and we all loved it, only downside is the campsite is quite noisy at night with music from the bar (which we were very close to).

Just spotted the one sv mentions at Les Pecheurs, is further is on the same river only a few miles away.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me…..A campsite in the south of France’ is closed to new replies.