Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Recommend me: Virus scanning software for my PC
  • brooess
    Free Member

I have Norton at the moment, due to renew in the next few weeks. Are there any decent alternatives? Ideally looking to reduce the amount of memory it takes up. Currently it's taking up around 60MB

Ta

tragically1969
    Free Member

Norton is the most horrific program available, its proper bloatware.

Avast is good

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

AVG free edition will probably do most people fine. Not sure what memory it takes up but never had a problem with it.

I've got "AVG" for the anti-vrus; "zone alarm" for the firewall and run Firefox with the "no-script" extension.
    You might also like to supplement this with "Ad-aware" and "Spy-bot search and destroy". Google each for more info.

Its all free stuff too 🙂

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    clubber
    Free Member

AVG Free along with spybot S&D free.

beej

Similar to E-T, I use AVG free, adaware and spybot s&d (running them manually). Use standard windows firewall, plus firewall on my router.

29erKeith
    Free Member

Kaperski seems good to me, free if you bank with Barclays

grumm
    Free Member

Norton is appalling and rather like a virus itself – slows your computer to a grinding halt. I couldn't properly delete it off my old PC and it pretty much killed it.

cranberry
    Free Member

I have generally found Kaspersky to be good ( but then I don't tend to get viruses ).

fozzybear
    Free Member

Avast 14 months free, no popup reminders or BS al la AVG, just a 7 level AV protection system.

Highly recommended (as is kaspersky)

Drac

Avast and it's free no matter who you bank with. 😯

mavisto
    Free Member

Been using Avast for about 5 years now.

I use Opera as a browser and email client. When I started using Opera, Avast was the only free product that would fully integrate with the email client.

Great product. Only downside is that you have to re-register every year but it's an easy process to get your new product code and you're off again!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me: Virus scanning software for my PC’ is closed to new replies.

New deal added to Members Discounts