Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Recommend me tonight's Turbo session…
  • Kryton57

…bearing in mind I have a short course XC race on Saturday, and so far have done bugger all this week since a 100k road ride on Sunday.

??

wors

Sufferfest – Blender 😈

More seriously, i’d just knock out an hour or so easyish.

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

10 * 1 minute off 1 minute. Sufferfest Revolver style, but reduce the amount of intervals a little.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Kryton57

Hmm

I was think an hour easy spinning yet with a 20 min sweetspot interval in the middle?

Perhaps 10mins sweetspot with 1 min on, rest 1 min and repeat?

umop3pisdn
    Free Member

10 * 1 minute off 1 minute. Sufferfest Revolver style, but reduce the amount of intervals a little.

I’m doing 2x(8×1 on/1 off), followed by a twenty minute interval @105%ftp at the moment, quite the leg destroyer.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

So like Downward Spiral, then?

jameso

I’m doing 2x(8×1 on/1 off), followed by a twenty minute interval @105%ftp at the moment, quite the leg destroyer.

Perfect for 36hrs or so before a race : )

Kryton57

jameso – Member

Perfect for 36hrs or so before a race : )

…assuming you’re in the same race as me and don’t want me in front of you…

jameso

🙂 I guess it depends on how important the race is compared to overall training longer-term and how well you recover from a really hard session.

sefton
    Free Member

what Swedish said!

dont think sweetspot training will help this weekends race (too late)

or id do a ladder – 1min all out power interval – 3min threshold – 5mins sweetspot x 3

Kryton57

Thats a good suggestion Sefton. I will have an hour real easy spin friday also.

jameso, I’d like to do well in the race its not that important to me. Its more a test of my new “ASR5 Lite&Stiff”* setup pre 24hr, but also the start of my next set of pre-crit/race intervals.

*Turning the ASR5 into a shorter travel/light race FS machine by adding Carbon, Crests and pumping the shock up 😀 I can’t afford a new bike.

sefton
    Free Member

I personally think you’d be best with the 10x 1min on 1min off though….horrible but will get you ‘somewhat’ used to race efforts if nothing else.

Kryton57

I’ve just had a three week break from a Race program and have done 2 (MTB & Road crit) races in January already Sefton. I’m used to it, just wondering whats best for tonight without hurting myself / being pointless for Saturday.

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

If you’re in any sort of form, ( which you are if you rode 100km last weekend), then you should be fine doing intervals tonight and a short spin tomorrow for a race on Saturday.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me tonight's Turbo session…’ is closed to new replies.