Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • recommend me spyware removal Tool
  • DrDomRob
    Free Member

Hi All,

My mother has managed to have her laptop infected with “Win 7 Security 2011”.

I have found a number of tools which claim to solve the issue but you have to download the .exe files, I am a bit nervous about doing this as I know nothing of this subject and could very easily get suckered into downloading a “tool” which will just screw everything up further.

Any help would be appreciated.

Dom

Conqueror
    Free Member

http://www.malwarebytes.org/

or come to the dark side and have less virus worries

DrDomRob
    Free Member

Cheers conquerer, will give it a look.

Also, sorry, wrong forum!

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

Or Adaware from Lavasoft

xherbivorex
    Free Member

use more than one.
    malwarebytes, spybot S&D and SuperAntiSpyware used in conjunction will clean pretty much anything/everything.

xiphon
    Free Member

+1 xherbivorx

Xylene
    Free Member

hitman

DrDomRob
    Free Member

Cheers guys, used everything there and not only did it solve my mothers problem, but it also seems to have improved the performance on my laptop.

STW strikes again 😀

Cheers!!!

kaesae
    Free Member

Cool, I think I’ll try these as well!

Hohum
    Free Member

I have been using Spybot S&D for a good few years now and it always does the trick.

I will have a look at that SuperAntiSpyware as well though 🙂

Xylene
    Free Member

Hitman was the only program that properly rid my computer of some pesky spyware last year.

Cloud based spyware software

kaesae
    Free Member

I’m being told that I need to remove my AVG which I’m looking to get rid of anyway, can I run these with avast, or can anyone recommend another all round security provider?

z1ppy

MS security essential’s

Cougar

Rule of thumb is you can only run one anti-virus product at once, however Malwarebytes etc aren’t AV programs. So, yes.

Personally, I’d suggest MSE, Spyware Blaster (which is a free passive anti-malware program), and Secunia PSI (for scanning for missing updates).

I’ve also been playing with Threatfire lately. It’s an interesting concept. Not sure as I’m “recommending” it exactly, but I’d say it’s worth a look.

monkey_boy
    Free Member

malwarebytes is excellent, ive installed is on all the pcs’ in work and it find things other just ignore.

its worth paying the £19 odd quid to have the full version which gives you live protection mode and boto scan.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘recommend me spyware removal Tool’ is closed to new replies.