Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • recommend me somw slow-cooker recipes please
  • binners

I've got a new one sat here waiting to be christened and need something suitably yummy to do it with

I've got a lot o chicken and pork in. But I'm working from home today, so at a push i might even get dressed and nip out to the shops, if more obscure ingredients are required

What do the culinary creatives of STW recommend then

juan
    Free Member

Stews just be creative.

hora
    Free Member

You have murdered Paul havent you?

robbo1234biking

rice pudding slow cooked over about 3 hours is delicious. Or a beef and mushroom stew or coq au vin?

binners

Paul is still alive Hora. Though he may not be after eating this

wors

get a tin of condensed chicken soup stick it in with your chicken, peppers and a bit of water.

binners

Oooooooooh I like the sound of that wors

hora
    Free Member

I'm a firm believer in eating a large roast chicken, throw the remainder/carcass into a huge pan, bacon coujons(sp?), carrots, water, bottle of lager, onion, potato, turnip, fresh parsley, oregan, etc and leave on a low heat for a couple of hours. Fantastic. It lasts for days.

binners

I do that pretty regular Hora after a sunday roast. I'm looking for summit a bit different. You forgot the pearl barley and lentils though. Spaz! 😛

oddjob
    Free Member

Stewing steak or something that needs a lot of cooking (ox tails maybe) coated in flour, browned wiht some onions. chuck ins ome thyme and a bottle of wine and cook forever with a lid on. About an hour before you want to eat it throw in whatever root veges you have.
    Anything cooked for >4 hours in red wine seems to taste good 🙂
    Pork cheeks in cider are nice too

Vic Reeves: "I like putting things in cider, I like putting my organ in cider…"

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘recommend me somw slow-cooker recipes please’ is closed to new replies.