Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Recommend me somewhere to stay for my 30th weekend – Lakes
  • grumm
    Free Member

Thinking of a camping barn or bunkhouse type thing but preferably not too basic – sleeping up to about 30 people – would be good if there was camping/fire possibilities too, and ideally reasonably secluded so we can make a little noise (nothing too crazy). Good biking nearby would be a bonus.

First weekend in September.

Anyone got any recommendations? Ta.

nbt

Must be the lakes? Marthrown of Mabie would be a great location for you…

grumm
    Free Member

Doesn't have to be I suppose – just easy for most people to get to. Hmmm….

Thanks for the suggestion.

Ah it's £1500 for exclusive use for a weekend – maybe too much. Looks ace though…

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    nbt

Must be said, it could do with a bit of a clean, but it's a proper laugh. it does sleep far more than 30 in total I think so you may be able to get away with partial use?

Lesanita2
    Free Member

yha

ton

bunk barn at causeway foot nr keswick is very nice.
    stayed there with 15 or so others.

grumm
    Free Member

Thanks folks – ton that looks a good un – will ring them in the morning.

montylikesbeer

camping barns

Try above, I have stayed in most of them

grumm
    Free Member

Cheers we've been looking at some of those – any particular recommendations?

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

http://www.activity-centre.com/

It's a full on outdoor activity centre, but they will do parties etc. Has a bar on site as well. Handyish for Borrowdale, Whinlatter, Skiddaw etc. If you fancy a morning or afternoon off riding then get the centre to arrange an activity for you – the ghyll scrambling is class, take a wetsuit!

First weekend in Sept would probably avoid school trip season with it being early in the school year.

BigBikeBash
    Free Member

Surely if it is your 30th weekend in the Lakes you have found somewhere on the last 29 weekends that you can use again.

😉

IamSam
    Free Member

Here is pretty good, massive room for social stuff and a good kitchen plus in the large building the sleeping is separate. resonable riding near by as well 😆

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me somewhere to stay for my 30th weekend – Lakes’ is closed to new replies.