Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Recommend me somewhere good to eat around Bowness/Windermere
  • binners

I would imagine that a lot of you reprobates tasteful and discerning fine diners will have frequented various eateries in the vicinity.

We’re off up there in a couple of hours (sans children) for the weekend. So… where would the all-knowledgable STW fussy buggers connoisseurs recommend for a big feed both tonight and tomorrow. There seems no shortage of choice. We tried Bodega Tapas Bar last time which was fantastic!

So… A traditional good pub? Italian? Thai? Curry? Whatever. I couldn’t give a monkeys. Good wine list essential, anything else is open….

GO!…….

falkirk-mark
    jota180
    Free Member

Used to always go to Portos when working over there, not sure if it’s still there though

ed34
    Free Member

Beresfords, on corner of Beresford rd and the main road between bowness and w’mere. About 5 or 6 mins walk from centre of bowness

neninja
    Free Member

Been to the New Hall Inn (Hole in t’Wall) a few times and it’s been decent. Just good honest pub food – seem to remember having a cracking curry there.

binners

Thanks very much for your recommendations folks. So far I’m leaning towards the New Hall Inn tonight and Portos looks fantastic too, for tomorrow

speshspenner
    Free Member

Give this place a try,The Angel Inn @ Bowness, I was in on Wednesday for lunch and it was excellent, cracking pint of real ale as well.

Not to badly priced either..£34 for two mains and two drinks, one being a white wine and soda. Sat out in the sun as well(lucky!!).

binners

That looks cracking as well spenner! I’m loving th looks of the cheeseboard. Sounds fantastic! I’m salivating reading these menu’s!

Hopefully we’ll be as lucky get a bit of sun tomorrow. Forecast isn’t bad 😀

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

We ate in a lovely bistro place last time we were in Bowness. Heading up the hill from the ferry towards Windermere on the right hand side opposite a little car park. Was superb… Can’t remember the name 🙁

xherbivorex
    Free Member

there’s a very good thai restaurant in bowness.

Don’t eat at the Indian on the right just up from the roundabout in Bowness. It claims to be the best in the area – the others must be really crap then

honeybadgerx

+1 for Lucy’s in Ambleside, also good is Lucy4, same people but just up the road and does sort of a Cumbrian tapas type thing.

binners

Cumbrian tapas? I’m liking the sound of that!!! 😀

neninja
    Free Member

The Angel as mentioned is good especially if you like real ales. Been with a large group before and they went out of the way to be friendly and helpful. The food was excellent.

Don’t know if they still do them but they used to offer a beer testing pint – basically 3 x 1/3 pints of different beers so you could try a few for the price of a pint.

binners

neninja – I think we’ll be going with one of your two recommendations tonight. Both look fantastic. And the beer might have swung it. I’ll leave trawling the wine list for tomorrow 🙂

samcamsdad

The spinnery do a good steak, was in there sat night, angel also is nice. Not keen on portos, didn’t like the atmosphere, food was average also. As a local the spinnery is my first choice for an evening out, mote reasonable prices compared with the rest.

binners

Well we’ve just booked into our hotel and I’m looking out of the window onto the Angel’s beer garden below me. Which is rather handy! And the suns out too! Result! 😀

globalti
    Free Member

Booths supermarket cafe, just behind Windermere station.

Lakeland store cafe, just beyond Booths.

Seriously.

binners

For those that recommended the Angel: good call!!! Had a fantastic meal there last night. Lovely place! And even SSS outside in the sun! 😀

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me somewhere good to eat around Bowness/Windermere’ is closed to new replies.