Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Recommend me some winter work socks!
  • curiousyellow
    Free Member

Since there was such a great response to my previous clothing request I decided to put this one out there.

I walk a couple of miles every day in formal shoes, so they must be:

– Warm
    – Comfortable
    – In sensible and not so sensible colours (black, grey, blue, hot pink, neon green and whatnot)
    – Durable

Some of the Ulvang ones in a previous PSA would be perfect, but I cannot find some for that price. Any recommendations?

globalti
    Free Member

Marks and Spencer for socks and shreddies.

Jamie
    Free Member

Marks and Spencer for socks and shreddies.

I think their undercrackers have gone down in quality of late. Next’s offerings much better.

weeksy

The P/X ones, 3 pairs of Merino for £8.

really nice, really warm, soft too.

joshvegas
    Free Member

Marks and spencers socks 7 pairs of different colours.

Job done for another year.

I don’t own any boring socks unless they are sports socks.

curiousyellow
    Free Member

Are the P/X ones ok for walking about in?

BigJohn

I have a few pairs of Bridgedale socks in dark colours that are great for warmth and comfort without being too thick.

jools182
    Free Member

Bridgedale +1

warm, comfy and last ages

curiousyellow
    Free Member

Where do you buy ’em from?

medoramas
    Free Member

DeFeet Woolie Boolies!!!

I’ve had my pair for 2 years, used them A LOT, also as the office socks. And only recently one of them developed a hole on the heel – “normal” socks would die after few weeks of such a usage, for sure.

Also worth noticing is my “secret experiment” – last year I’ve tested them for their claimed “no odour” properties, wearing them for commuting and work (not changing them at work, as I normally do) for a month, without washing them at all… 🙄 I was still working after that month, still had friends – so I must say that the socks passed the test! LOL

BigJohn

Stafford Outdoor Leisure shop. But I suppose most outdoor shops. I often get asked “do you mind taking your shoes off” when visiting people’s houses to design bedrooms and kitchens etc, and then end up having to stand on cold floor tiles in my socks. The Bridgedales take the discomfort out of that one.

MrSmith
    Free Member

Dahlgren Alpaca outdoor socks.
    Got them from TK-MaXx last year, no idea if they are easily available in the. U.K. But if I see any again I’m stocking up.
    Woolie bookies are great to but they are not very long and have writing on them so not always suitable attire if you have to be smart and warm.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Tried eBay for Ulvang socks? I’m a gardener and have used them for the last two years. I wear them with some on one thinny socks as liner socks.

curiousyellow
    Free Member

I did, can’t get them in my size.

There’s no TK Maxx close by to check, but I’ll probably go for one of the other options. Cheers.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

There’s some on ebay now but not many.

MoreCashThanDash

Kirkland merino mix trail socks from Costco are what I use for that kind of thing.

PX or Decathlon winter socks are pretty good as well

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me some winter work socks!’ is closed to new replies.