Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • recommend me some winter road gloves
  • muddydwarf
    Free Member

Need some warm/windproof/rainproof for road cycling over the winter. Ideally tightish fitting so i can work the Shimano 105 controls, what’s good at the moment?

peteimpreza

Budget?

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

If Aldi have any of theirs left in stock then you will not go wrong for a fiver. I have had worse for six times the price. Failing that then gore bikewear are really good.

onandon
    Free Member

The gore so range are very good.
    I used them last year to -5 and thought they were brilliant. Very comfy and fight fitting to the profile of my fingers.
    I think I paid £30 which is pretty good for their quality and comfort.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Read the one thread I just responded to down there..

‘Glacier Gloves’ appear to be best.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Gore sounds good, in my budget as well.

stratman
    Free Member

Endura dexter?

scotroutes

My Gore Tools are about to enter their 5th winter. Not waterproof, though it helps to wash them in Nikwax. I’ve also found that a thin silk liner glove (Decathlon do them for peanuts) makes a huge difference to warmth.

Sealskinz are good too.

As with any gloves I never buy online. Fit is too important.

IanW
    Free Member

Anything but sealskins, great idea crap application.

OR wool/not wool combo are my faves.

devon_roadie
    Free Member

I had some Gore Windstopper gloves that were pretty thin but kept your hands snug in all but proper winter temperatures. Not waterproof but even when wet they were comfy. Mine wore out but will be buying another pair, better than my Sealskinz they get too clammy

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Just on this, my local aldi have loads of gloves/stuff left if anyone can’t get them in their branch.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘recommend me some winter road gloves’ is closed to new replies.