Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • recommend me some winter bib tights
  • dti

the howies longs are great but a bit chilly out tonight.
    prepared to spend if worth it.

Haze

Castillo Nanoflex?

Happy with mine, think there’s an updated version around now.

I use them for road btw, may not be as ‘water resistant’ in muddy off-road conditions if that’s your plan…

cloudnine
    Free Member

Morvelo Storm shield / Castelli Nano

hofnar
    Free Member

https://www.merlincycles.com/lusso-max-repel-cycling-bib-tights-47913.html
    These work well for me against cold and rain. Sizes a bit small so probabely go a size up. Padding is minimal so wear normal bibs underneath for long rides.

hora
    Free Member
    lee170
    Free Member

DHB tights are pretty damn good

robgclarkson
    Free Member

cloudnine – Member
    Morvelo Storm shield

these are very good and my current choice

iainc

I have DHB Roubaix and Tenn ones, both toasty and warm

balfa
    Free Member

I got some Tenn ones recently. Think they were £23 and plenty toasty for me.

ahwiles
    Free Member

i’m a softy.

1 pair roubaix bib-3quarters, with pad.

1 pair roubaix bib-tights, no pad, over the top.

means i’m a toasty warm softy.

imnotverygood

Pearl Izumi Amfibs are brilliant in the wet. Second to none. They have a cuff on the ankle to go on top of an over shoe to keep things water-tight. The Lussos are good value for money, but I would agree about the minimalist padding

lunge

Decathlon of course.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Castelli Nanoflex Plus are fantastic, wore mine for the first time on Sunday. It never got above 6deg C and it rained a bit, was warm and toasty

matts
    Free Member

The Sorpasso bibs are nice and warm. They have a layer of hollow-fibre material in them to insulate.

I also wear 3/4 roubaix knicks with full-length legwarmers which keeps my knees and thighs warm.

dickyhepburn
    Free Member

planet x windshields are great, with a baselayer underneath = toasty and warm, reasonably waterproof and not too sweaty. Plus 25% off at the mo.

chakaping
    Free Member

The Lusso Max Repel mentioned above are a good bet for cold and wet conditions.

Higher cut, water repellent and a bit warmer than my other roubaix bibs.

grim168
    Free Member

The Lusso max repel have been discontinued. Grab em while you can.

teasel
    Free Member

Pearl Izumi Amfibs are brilliant in the wet. Second to none.

Agree with this. They appeared as if they were discontinued last year but it seems they’re back.

Grab some, you won’t regret it unless you have micro-thin calf muscles like Njee…

frankconway

+1 for Decathlon.

flanagaj
    Free Member

For what it is worth, I have moved away from tights and now go bib shorts with leg warmers. Just as warm and you can then use the bibs for the summer as well.

Or you could go padless bib longs with a pair of bib shorts underneath.

mrblobby
    Free Member

1 pair roubaix bib-3quarters, with pad.

1 pair roubaix bib-tights, no pad, over the top.

This. One of thick and thin padded shorts or 3/4. Then a full length roubaix with no pad.

highlandman
    Free Member

It may be a location thing to an extent but I’ve been a bit disappointed with the Lusso max repel. They’re not much good when it gets properly cold and wet, so below say 4C on a wet day, they’re not much use as persistent wet penetrates and they aren’t solid enough to act as a windblock. Basically, if there’s a risk of sleet or cold winds, they’re not stout enough for me.
    On cold days like today, I’m in Endura winter bib tights; currently the old ones with a double knee and water resistant shins; these have proven incredibly durable. For proper winter use, I’ve also got Gore windstopper and a pair of superb Agu with waterproof front that I got last year from On-one.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘recommend me some winter bib tights’ is closed to new replies.