• This topic has 27 replies, 19 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by Taff.
Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Recommend me some Wii games for real men
  • derek_starship
    Free Member

None of this sporty rubbish. Any shooty type games available?

TiA.

RustySpanner

Resi 4’s good if you’ve never played it before – works realy well with the controller.

Jamie
    Free Member

The Wii is inherently unmanly. Get a manly console like a PS3 or X360 + Kinect.

philconsequence
    Free Member

golden eye

IdleJon

Wii games for men?

There aren’t any. As Dara O’Briain said, the standard Wii game involves stroking a unicorn to try and make it fluff rainbows.

(Badly paraphrased, sorry!)

stumpy01

Medal Of Honour is quite good once you get the hang of the controls. Can’t remember which one I’ve got – think it’s World At War.

jamiep
    Free Member

yep, goldeneye is the bestest wii shootemup game so far

I love the Wii for what it is, but MTFU and retire it to the kids room and get an XBox fo manly’ness.

Grrr and stuff…

tree-magnet
    Free Member

He’s right, xbox is manly. You even have to thump it to get the DVD drive to work. Proper man stuff.

RustySpanner

Do you lot actually enjoy playing games, or do you just like to feel macho about shooting things? 🙂

Nintendo always has the best gameplay, because Shigeru Miyamoto doesn’t make games for anyone else.

If you like shooting things, buy an air rifle and go shooting things.
    IMO, if you actually like playing games, you can’t beat Nintendo.

Erm, I think you’re wrong Rusty.

Happy to spend the next 24hrs arguing about it if you like though 😉

RustySpanner

Damn, I’ve got to go to work in a mo – it’s a good topic though, innit? 🙂

I’ve got used to the fluffy Nintendo aesthetic over the years and I’m willing to put up with it because the gameplay of the core Nintendo titles is always sooo good.

Not really bothered about realism apart from in driving games – I love Gran Turismo/TT Superbikes/Tourist Trophy on the PS2, but for most things I prefer Nintendo.

Did enjoy Fade to Black on the PS1 and Goldeneye on the N64 though, and Desert Strike on the Gamecube ain’t too bad.

I’ve never really been a big gamer – used to love Attic Attack, Manic Miner & Jet Set Willy on my parents friends ZX Spectrum (you gotta love loading games on a cassette player) and Sonic (the original) on the Mega Drive, but never had anything until we bought the daughter a Wii a couple of years ago.

Wii Sports is good fun and Mario Kart online is awesome.

However, just got an XBox and despite being a complete mong at most games, I’m just blown away at what the console can do, never mind the games, graphics and sound side of things.

MrsToast
    Free Member

House of the Dead III, zombies are pretty manly.

Cougar

The Wii can play GameCube games IIRC. Quite a bunch of decent pickings in that lot, and you can put the money you save towards an Xbox.

fubar
    Free Member

I’ll second ‘Resident Evil 4’.
    It’s a great game (much better than RE5 which I played on the xBox …better graphics do not make a better game)

redthunder
    Free Member

I got a Wii for sale with loads of games and balance board etc.

Hohum
    Free Member

TheArtistFormerlyKnownAsSTR – Member
    I’ve never really been a big gamer – used to love Attic Attack, Manic Miner & Jet Set Willy on my parents friends ZX Spectrum (you gotta love loading games on a cassette player) and Sonic (the original) on the Mega Drive, but never had anything until we bought the daughter a Wii a couple of years ago.

Wii Sports is good fun and Mario Kart online is awesome.

However, just got an XBox and despite being a complete mong at most games, I’m just blown away at what the console can do, never mind the games, graphics and sound side of things.

Mario Kart online sounds like good fun!

It is – there’s none of the antagonism that you get with the oh so serious XBox on-liners booting you off – you just get online, random courses get chose (you get to put your choice in) and off you go.

There will always be someone at the top of the leader board that you’ve seen before and I’m sure some have cheats, but it’s not impossible to win, even for a novice.

IdleJon

redthunder – Member
    I got a Wii for sale with loads of games and balance board etc.

😆

And? Any opinions? Anything to advance this discussion?

If not, can I add that I bought an Amiga once.

_tom_
    Free Member

Nintendo always has the best gameplay, because Shigeru Miyamoto doesn’t make games for anyone else.

If you like shooting things, buy an air rifle and go shooting things.
    IMO, if you actually like playing games, you can’t beat Nintendo.

Agreed. Most new games on xbox/ps3 I find really dull despite their “amazing” graphics and sound. There’s no fun gameplay value like you get with Nintendo.

redthunder
    Free Member

I had Amiga once and Atari ST 🙂

nuke

Haven’t had a Wii for long but I’m enjoying Star Wars Force Unleashed 2…slicing up Stormtroops and releasing my Force Repulse helps me unwind in an evening 😉

CaptainBudget
    Free Member

Force Unleashed isn’t a bad series, but I found it quite repetitive. Otherwise a well-done game.

I actually though Resident Evil 4 was a bit naff to be honest. I really didn’t get on with the controls, and felt it was too keen on being messy and spraying red stuff everywhere rather than being a good game. It didn’t even require much thinking either, just point-and-shoot with the odd (fairly easy) puzzle. Really tedious in the end, I got bored half way through and gave up.

If you like shooting stuff and blowing things up you’ve got the wrong console! Halo 3 and Gears of War on the Xbox are much better designed and much more fun (and you have to use your brain unlike the above). The Xbox is really the gamer’s console, whereas the Wii is more a novelty family fun item and most of the serious games are based on Nintendo’s back catalogue of characters (who are actually quite childish and not really “man’s games”).

juan
    Free Member

The SO just told me that real men don’t play the WII…

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Goldeneye is awesome!

Hohum
    Free Member

Bushwacked – Member
    Goldeneye is awesome!

Agreed!

It is good fun.

Taff
    Free Member

Call go duty black ops is good but for half the price you can get world at war which is awesome I think. Also got f1 2009 which is fun but having played it’s equivalent on the ps3 it’s hard to love it. If you get a ahootem up game I would suggest getting a zelda crossbow rather than the cheaper alternatives.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me some Wii games for real men’ is closed to new replies.