Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Recommend me some wheels
  • gearfreak
    Free Member

Looking to upgrade the wheels on my Ariel. Main aim is to lose some weight from the bike. I’m only 65kg, and not exactly hard core, but the bike will be used at BPW and in the alps.

What would you get?

(Have to be available from wheelies, max budget £500 ish, but if there is a good set cheaper that would be good)

poah
    Free Member

Ex1501

MTB-Rob
    Free Member

Hope hoops

amedias
    Free Member

upgrade…from what?

sillyoldman

EX1501s are fantastic, but a fair chunk over budget?

submarined
    Free Member

I’m just over 60kg, ride reasonably aggressively/clumsily on a 150mm bike, and my Pro4s on Arc 30s have been great, even though everyone says they’re made of cheese(the rims, not the hubs).

If I were buying again I’d get the same again, or replace hubs with DT350/240s if I wanted something different, and the rims with Flows if I didn’t fancy the ARCs. Like I say though, no issues with either, and they’ve taken some big wallops at low pressures, least of all the world’s worst landing into the drop at the start of Coal not Dole!

hatter

The EX1501’s may be over budget, but Wheelies do list the E1700’s which come in under and still have the ratchet hub etc.

gearfreak
    Free Member

Upgrading from what’s on there (Kore rims, SLX hubs). Looking at Hope Tech Enduro or Mavic XA Elite I think, will also take a look at the E1700’s

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me some wheels’ is closed to new replies.