Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Recommend me some wheels.
  • benjii19
    Free Member

I’m after a new wheelset 26″ for my hardtail. Ideally that would take tubeless.

Must have 20mm front and a qr rear for under £200

Its currently got hope pro 2 hubs and knackered dt swiss ex5.1d rims. i was going to Get the wheels rebuilt as hubs are ok but looking for rims has given me a headache and it would probably end up costing me more than a decent used set.

ian martin
    Free Member

I had a similar idea, ended up buying stans crest rims cheap and swapping the rims over myself and then getting my local bike shop to true and tension them. Now theyre fab!

devash
    Free Member

Probably something from Superstar at that price. They’re currently offloading a few 26er wheelsets. You could have picked a set up for £140 delivered with a one day voucher code the did last week. You can choose 20mm front QR rear with their hubs too.

I think their new tubeless wheelset is only £185 as it stands.

http://www.superstarcomponents.com/en/shop/?q=tech+4

Other option would be second hand Hopes on Stan’s.

tpbiker
    Free Member

I have a couple of pairs of 26r wheels for sale. Flows on hope, and a set of white rimmed sunn charger expert. Both run tubeless and have 20 mm fronts.

benjii19
    Free Member

Tpbiker, what condition are the flows on hope? how much are you after?

tpbiker
    Free Member

ill dig em out tomorrow and have a look. From memory they are fine, not used them in over 6 months. The free hub has the usual gouges however, can get a cassette on no probs however.

Will check condition and give you a price. What do they usually go for!?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me some wheels.’ is closed to new replies.