Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Recommend me some weed killer please.
  • neilsonwheels
    Free Member

I have a 30ft+ gravel drive at the side of the house that has sprouted weeds everywhere. Could somebody recommend me some industrial strength killer to blitz the barstewards please.

Stoner
    Free Member

glyphosate from your local farm supplies shop. same active compound as roundup, a fraction of the price.
    Will kill everything, incl grass though.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Roundup ultra 3000 concentrate diluted in a sprayer. It’s expensive but worth it.

wolfenstein
    Free Member

there is this weed killer i bought very cheap in B&M couple and couple of weeks ago (or last year summer iirc), doubtful as its cheap but 4 weeks now and still no weed growing in my driveway.. just make sure you spray it when its been very dry weather 2-3days beforehand.. I believe them weeds will be very thirsty by then and then you spray the weed killer, which they will think it is just plain water, then bingo! no more weeds… unless we are not talking the same kind of weed…are we? 😀

kayak23

Malt vinegar my mum says.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Glyphosate from wilkinsons, a tenner for a litre, diluted in a sprayer. Works a treat.

me1tdown
    Free Member

Glyphosate 5L concentrate from Amazon or a farm place. Will kill anything it touches which is growing, takes a few weeks. Will not stop things from growing in the future. I dilute into a spray bottle and use every couple of weeks.

ransos
    Free Member

Malt vinegar my mum says.

It works, but not very well. Ethanoic acid really needs to be at 10% concentration, which is about twice what you’ll find in Sarsons. Plus it stinks and will burn your skin.

mt
    Free Member

The gardeners and trowel old chap. It works for one every time.

Alternatively, Napalm.

Cougar

glyphosate from your local farm supplies shop. same active compound as roundup, a fraction of the price.

I bought some from the supermarket the other day. Supermarket own brand was half the price and had a stronger concentration of Glyphosate. It’s like buying over-the-counter painkillers, pointless paying extra over the generic.

willard

Sodium chlorate if they still sell it, or glyphosphate.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me some weed killer please.’ is closed to new replies.