Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Recommend me some walking boots
  • benz
    Free Member

My 10 year old Salomon boots had a failure yesterday. Lace hook pulled out of the leather.

So….could this be repaired?

If not then what new boots?

Do not need crampon stiffness but want comfort and waterproof.

argoose
    Free Member

Brasher

winston_dog
    Free Member

The ones that fit best

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    landofgiants
    Free Member

Any full leather boots by zamberlan mate. Have owned meindl, scarpa, asolo and brasher and none come close to zambers on comfort. Mine are a year old, well used and are the comfiest place my feet have ever been! Regularly do 15+ mile walks and these boots are the business.

passtherizla
    Free Member

totally fit dependent… I use La Sportiva, they fit my foot shape well.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I have both pairs of these ( I know it’s a bit overkill but hey )
    Sal’s 4D GTX? Mine are in Green and GoreTex, they’ve been excellent and have done many miles in the peat bogs and dry flint routes I play on. They’re light enough for all day though not the most water proof, by this I mean you can’t walk all day in mulchy peat bogs.. If you get my drift.
    Haglofs Vertigo Hi GoreTex? These have taken over from my Sals above, most definitely more robust walking boots and sooo comfortable too. Wasn’t sure I’d find anything more comply than the Sals,, but these have been a revelation. Being more robust they have taken a battering and still look good and have always been dry. They are light enough for all day too.. These I wear with gaters in the super damp/wet days and have yet to get wet feet.

HTH

scotroutes

If your old Salomons did you well then I’d stick with that brand. They’ve maintained a consistent last shape over that period so the new ones should also fit you well.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me some walking boots’ is closed to new replies.