Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Recommend me some transition type cycling glasses…
  • MoreCashThanDash

Thinking of getting some tint changing glasses for the summer. Need to cope with sunny open road rides and woodsy off road riding ideally.

Can’t afford Oakleys, Endura seem to get good reviews, any lesser known cheaper brands to look for?

Cheers

MrNice
    Free Member

I’ve got some Rudy Project glasses. A bit roadie looking but they’re very good for those rides that go in and out of the woods or when the sun might go behind a cloud. They do different versions depending on the range of brightness you might want to cover. I’m a big fan of photochromic lenses.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Tifosi. I have some of these and love them. Not silly expensive, the lens reacts quickly and I’ve never been caught out with them too dark or too light. They are also supremely comfortable – the most comfortable sunglasses I’ve ever owned – and I barely notice I’m wearing them. I don’t think the lens in them is designed for super bright height-of-summer sunshine, but I have proper normal sunglasses for the 2 times a year that happens 😆

kcal

+1 Tifosi

stilltortoise
    Free Member

…and just to add, Tifosi do offer some Fototec transition lenses for the sunnier side of the spectrum. I wanted some I could use for night rides too.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me some transition type cycling glasses…’ is closed to new replies.