• This topic has 18 replies, 16 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by gogg.
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Recommend me some trail knee pads s'il vous plait
  • darrenspink
    Free Member

Came off today on a dusty corner and after peering down at my grit filled blooded knee I felt its time for some knee pads.

Don’t want anything too heavy or hard. Got to be light enough for heavy xc/trail…Gisburn type of ting.

davosaurusrex

Troy lee 5450. I hate restrictive knee pads and I honestly don’t notice I’m wearing these. Not as much protection as some but that’s the compromise. Go a size smaller than other brands if you try a few on

darrenspink
    Free Member

Cheers…sounds good.

theotherjonv

I rate my g-form for unobtrusive protection. Might not stand up to bigrock impacts but on gravelly type stuff just perfect.

darrenspink
    Free Member

Just looking at both those and they seem ‘too much’…maybe im wrong.

eulach

+1 troy lee but I’ve got the 5400 knee only and holes in my shins… no, really but you can pedal all day and they stay in place on impact.

jamiep
    Free Member

Gform. Not sure how they are too much at about 5mm thick and flexible

fudge9202
    Free Member

Used enduras, troy lees and fox now run with the new raceface ambush, best i’ve ever uused

MarkBrewer
    Free Member

Glad this subject came up as I’m just looking at buying knee pads after 2 or 3 crashes this year that have ended up with knee impacts.

Going by reviews I’d narrowed it down to Fox Launch pro’s or Troy Lee 5400’s but swaying towards the Troy Lee’s at the moment. Just want to make sure they’re not going to fall down after a few rides and don’t rub or anything? And I’m on the borderline between S & XS on the sizing chart so guessing I’d be better off going for XS?

olderigetfasteriwas
    Free Member

When I was looking, I couldn’t find the troy lees anywhere in my size, so got a pair of Alpinestars morzine instead, I find them really comfy, don’t really notice them, so wear them for xc as well now.

robarnold
    Free Member

Troy Lee 5400 or the Scott ones which are pricey but very good

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Ambush here as well. D30, so nice and flexy. Also, easy to get on and off without taking shoes off, which is a great thing to have for days when you don’t want pads on all the time.

GolfChick
    Free Member

I’ve got the fox launch enduro pads and wear them everywhere and have been for about a month now. I find em perfect balance, they won’t help with huge offs but will help for smaller tumbles which is what I wanted them for, fit like a glove and no complaints at all. I did think they’d be useless without straps but they never move.

smatkins1
    Free Member

+1 for Troy lee knees. I wear mine every ride now 🙂

ceepers

I’ve been using the nukeproof ones fir the last year. They are a little warm but fine to wear all day, I don’t notice them and really good hard cap protection. Good value too

honourablegeorge

There are new, lighter Troy Lees available on EBay that look good. Lighter than 5450s

gogg
    Free Member

Lightest would be the Raceface Charge on offer at my LBS for £28.00, I preferred them to the rhythm as they were a little shorter.

They’ve just taken delivery of the Raceface Indy, it’s a little like the charge on steroids as it has D3O padding, so a will offer greater protection from impacts rather than simply keeping all the grit out of your skin. I reckon these are the pads you’re looking for.

ART

What’s the sizing like on the Indy pad? Would normally wear small but ended up with large charge pads.

Ta. 🙂

gogg
    Free Member

I don’t know, I haven’t been in to get mine yet. Actually got out for a ride this weekend instead.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me some trail knee pads s'il vous plait’ is closed to new replies.