Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Recommend me some tough riding gloves
  • specializedneeds

Ones with some or all of the following:
    Armour on the back (probably something tougher than neoprene)
    Real leather?
    Double thickness palms
    Full fingers that don’t split open within a few rides
    Fasteners (Velcro tabs etc) that actually stay put

My current Endura (Singletracks?) are a fail for all of those! I’ve used Fox Unabomber gloves before; the armour came in handy but the palms were vented and not very useful in a crash or hard wearing. What have you used and liked? My riding is progressing and I’d like something more than the cross country gloves I’m used to. TIA

Kuco
    chvck
    Free Member

HOW MUCH?! for gloves?!

jam-bo

POC.

specializedneeds

I know! Hence my question; that kind of money is a lot to find out I’ve bought a dud!

SimonT
    Free Member

Don’t laugh, you did ask:
    Lidl had some gloves for DIY a week or so back. They actually look more like mtb gloves, red & black synthetic ‘leather’. I bought some 2+ years ago and they’ve been good for everything from mtb through brambles and gorse (& falling off) to on/off road touring and audax. Still going strong. I bought a spare pair, you might still find some if you want to be as uncool as me. They were a fiver.

collinstiffee
    Free Member

I got some Oakley gloves from the Alpine Bikes margin bin a while back. Good construction and have held up. I have a few pairs that I alternate in use. Unabombers the mesh came away on third ride. Endura needed restitching after a few rides. No issues with Gore.

Skyline-GTR
    Free Member

Forget cycle gloves. get some MX gloves by FOX, THOR, O’NEAL, ALPINESTARS or WULF SPORT.
    Proper knuckle protection Clarino leather palms and reinforced clarino pads in key wear zones are typical on any of these gloves.

Plus they fit really well. Cycle specific gloves are poor by comparison and cost about th same for a decent pair.

grimupnorth
    Free Member

you could look at the 661 cedric garcia range?

tick most of the boxes that were mentioned apart from the double thickness palms.

I’ve used my pair for a good number of years now, starting to shows signs of wear round the seams, reckon I would buy another pair.

loco_pollo
    Free Member

These

+1 Factory Pilots are the best gloves ever, I’ve had a pair for three seasons now and they’re still going strong; they’ve done all sorts of biking including MX enduros in South Africa and Cambodia, and tiled my kitchen floor. I’ve bought another pair as a spare in case they stop making them, they’re that good.

No padding in the palm though so if you’re after that you should look elsewhere.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me some tough riding gloves’ is closed to new replies.