• This topic has 50 replies, 25 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by andyl.
Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Recommend me some tools
  • flyingmonkeycorps

Just reserved one of these for the drill, just need to pick up some bits for it now. Making a list of the other bits, plus I should be able to nick a half decent (if very old) workench and clamps of me dear ol’ da’…

m1kea
    Free Member

Making a list of the other bits, plus I should be able to nick a half decent (if very old) workench and clamps of me dear ol’ da’…

If it is an old one (20+ years) it’s likely to have a decent wooden worktop and metal parts, unlike modern mdf and plastic efforts

molgrips
    Free Member

Seems like a good sensible option.

footflaps

Just reserved one of these for the drill, just need to pick up some bits for it now.

I have that drill, flippin awesome. Loads of torque, can drill concrete easily, very robust.

I paid £99 with two batteries a couple of years ago.

flyingmonkeycorps

Phew, good to hear it’s half decent! Only one battery is the downside, but I guess I’ll just have to go ride whilst it’s charging…

johndoh
    Free Member

Hah – was just about to post up a link to that drill – I too paid £100 for it (with two batteries) last summer.

And the batteries last a good time (I have only once or twice had to go to the second pack, normally because the first pack wasn’t on full charge when I started using it).

It’s a very good price that.

mattrgee
    Free Member

A laser level.

johndoh
    Free Member

That’s my birthday list – a laser level.

Although I would also like a draftsman’s pencil – a properly beautiful alu one.

andyl
    Free Member

Quite tempted by that drill myself!

I have the 14.4V version which is now about 5 years old and has been fantastic. As I have said before get some decent drill bits and it won’t have any problems.

My battery is still doing well but the chuck is now on the way out and needs a second tighten after initial use but at that price it is hard to justify a £100-150 professional model when I know how good the little green DIY one is.

flyingmonkeycorps

Aye I can’t really justify a pro one, it’ll get a bit of heavy use for a few weeks then only come out occasionally.

Laser level would be nice, and probably actually really useful too.

andyl
    Free Member

Oh yes. Wet and dry vacs really are worth their weigh jn gold

This ^

But I have to recommend Karcher ones from personal experience (not tried others). I picked up a 3450 P from the outlet for £38 delivered (same model is £100 in Screwfix) and it is has been fantastic and the power take-off is useful unless that you are plugging in needs too much grunt (like my chopsaw which is a pain as it’s handy for the chop saw). That is a limitation of a 13A plug though not the device.

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me some tools’ is closed to new replies.