Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Recommend me some skate shoes
  • beefheart
    Free Member

Someone mentioned early 90s Vans being bombproof, so following on from the ‘things which are great value’ thread…

I generally have 3 pairs on the go at any one time, but I seem to be getting less and less time out of them before they fall to bits or the sole cracks apart.
    I have had plenty of different pairs over the years, but lately haven’t had more than a couple of months from a single pair.
    Is it just me or are they getting crapper?

GW
    Free Member

are you a size 8 or 9 by any chance?

bravohotel8er
    Free Member

Not sure about specifically early 90’s Vans, I remember Lampin being a great Vans style from that period. Vans went through a really weak stage in the mid/late 90’s.

I suspect you mean the Classics range (Old Skool, Era, Authentic etc etc)…any of those are a good bet and have been worn all over the place since the early 70’s.

Purely on the strength criteria, I remember Duffs Strombolies being super tough (back when Duffs were a serious skate shoe company). Axion were great too, I remember the Kareem Campbell model being incredibly tough. My favourite ever pair were the es SLB -Sal Barbier mid-top pro model with the elasticated inner sock.

I hear good things about Lakai, but I often find that there’s a trade-off between strength and boardfeel these days…I don’t know how people can skate in a lot of the Supra shoes.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Coyote
    Free Member

On the other hand, I find it very difficult to kill Vans! Got some La Cripta Dos that are just starting to give up the ghost after a few years, never had a problem with any of mine.

tinsy
    Free Member

Etnies seem good..

Oldschool slip on Vans fall to bits in no time.

If your a size 8, try sample-kingdom seller on ebay, they have lots of makes including Vans at £25 a pop.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me some skate shoes’ is closed to new replies.