Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • recommend me some shorts that last longer than 12 months.
  • DT78
    Free Member

GMy enduro singletracks have just torn in the seat after 12 months use riding a couple of times a week. Been through 2 pairs of humvees in similar time frame and same area. Looking for shorts that fit the same but will last. Suggestions?

Crag
    Free Member

Fox shorts have always been pretty good for me.

d45yth
    Free Member

Sombrio’s are usually tough as old boots. I’ve never been a fan of Endura stuff.

bigjim

Endura Humvees have lasted me aaaages so far, not quite the colour they were but tough as boots.

james
    Free Member

I’ve usually sewn mine back up again. I knew humvees were weak (being thin) but I didn’t know Singletracks gave up the ghost that easily. Mine haven’t yet. I’ve had them about 3.5years now, not ridden all the time though

samuri
    Free Member

Singletracks for me. Couple of years now, still look brand new. Almost 6000 miles this year alone.

But the best shorts ever were some Kona shorts I picked up out of a Halfords bin for 15 quid. Lasted around 8 years they did. Awesome shorts!

Northwind

I think my newest pair of Altura Mayhems is 2 years old, the other pair about 3. Constant use week-in week-out, crashes, mud, etc etc. I’ve worn out saddles with them 😉

Neil-F
    Free Member

DHB stuff has been pretty hard wearing for me, seems decent quality. I’ve just bought a pair of Singletracks too………:)

MrFannay
    Free Member

Basic Fox rangers, finally had to bin a 5 year old pair last month 🙁
    gutted as they were my faves….. ah well, try to destroy the other pair I’ve had for 3 years 😉

deluded
    Free Member

Gore – Plaster shorts SUPERB.

Big-Pete
    Free Member

Mace Nos shorts are the bees bollo# if you can get em

IamSam
    Free Member

These have lasted me four years. I had to cut out the pad, it was a towel type affair, but it seems they have changed it now.
    They have been worn pretty much every day the colours have faded but they are still bomb proof.

I_Ache
    Free Member

Endure zyme are made of a much stronger and heavier material than humvees so should last longer, having said that I havnt had a problem with either of my humvees, other than loosing one of them. I do have some RockGrdn (sic) shorts that are very comfortable and I would thouroughly recommend them.

Lummox

Can thoroughly reccomend mavic notch’s, I’m a sit in the saddle and grind rider and the crotch is still in one piece after about 18 months. Slightly stretchy material and scooped knees, work fantastically with knee pads too. Only thing they needed was belt loops which was easily remedied.

mr_mills
    Free Member

I’ve got Endura Zymes that I’ve just had to have repaired for the first time after more than 2.5 years of weekly use.

The 2010 version is £34 from CRC at the moment. I’ve just ordered another pair.

senorj

I’ve had the same issue with the singletrack shorts.
    Last pair I took back to the shop and complained they weren’t fit for purpose – they weren’t 6 months old.
    They replaced them.
    If they go when they’re over 12 months old I take them to the tailor to restitch the seams – costs about £5.00.
    Which is alot cheaper than a new pair. 😀

neninja
    Free Member

My Hummvees are going strong after 2 years (although I’ve been through 2 pairs of Endura MT500 Spray shorts in 18 months – utter poop).

Also have a pair of Nema Telonix shorts which are like new after 9 months use.

rudedog
    Free Member

My Altura mahems fell to bits and had to be restitched in several places after about a year of use.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘recommend me some shorts that last longer than 12 months.’ is closed to new replies.