Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Recommend me some shorts
  • hambl90
    Free Member

Hi guys,

I’m looking for some new baggy shorts , I’ve always used endura humvee and singletracks up to now but I’ve heard the new ones don’t last as long as they used too. What do the stw dwellers recommend ?

Cheers
    Ian

chrisdw
    Free Member

Troy Lee Skyline!

rascal
    Free Member

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/recommend-me-some-baggies-1

I started this a few days ago – in a similar scenario to you.
    Ended up getting some Troy Lee Ace 2015…arrived Fri but not that keen so they’re going back….too ‘minimal’. Ordered some Madison Alpines since which are winging their way to me…what I initially wanted but better than that they were reduced from £53 to £33 🙂

Hope it’s of some use.

hambl90
    Free Member

Thanks rascal, where did you get the alpines for that price ?

rascal
    Free Member

https://www.cyclestore.co.uk/madison_alpine_fr_shorts-ID_67938?gclid=CJns17eE5c4CFYwW0wod9OIAaA&gclsrc=aw.ds

Oops…I might have had the last pair of black…do you have a red bike? 😕

hambl90
    Free Member

Just found those , unfortunately I wanted the black ones 🙁

rascal
    Free Member

Sorry…they were only available in XL…you’re a M right? (hopefully)

hambl90
    Free Member

Yeah medium , I’m tempted to go for the singletrack 3 shorts if no one tells me anything bad about them . Can’t find any reviews on them though.

hambl90
    Free Member

Just ordered some tld aces at a bargain price , just hope they live up to the great reviews I’ve read.

rascal
    Free Member

Alpines landed today.
    Lovely quality bit of kit.

Alex

Skyline’s for me. I didn’t like the Ace’s even tho they are a more expensive short before discounts. Not enough room in the thighs for me and I’m a military medium in most shorts.

Skyline’s however I really like. Good fit, light, dry quickly, room for pads but not flappy, no inner but otherwise a really great trail short.

hambl90
    Free Member

Thanks guys I’ll see what they’re like when they arrive. I intend to get another pair of shorts as well, any thoughts on the race face ambush?

stu170
    Free Member

I’m using singletrack 2s, I wear them on the bike, and everyday under my overalls at work, 2 years 2 pairs, still going strong

hambl90
    Free Member

Just got the aces today, very minimalist and not what I’d normally choose but I quite like the fit and feel of them so I’m going to keep them. Any thoughts on the race face ambush shorts anyone? I need another pair and quite like the look of these.

j2b2
    Free Member

I have two pairs of Fox Sergeants that I like. Also have Mavic (Trailtech), Primal (Onyx) that are all great, and some slightly less baggy but great value shorts from Decathlon (MTB 700s) that I like a lot as well. Didn’t like the cheaper Decathlon shorts (MTB 300s) though and sent them back.

honourablegeorge

TLD Skyline at CRC cheapo prices are a bargain

twistedpencil

Had raceface ambush a few years back. Really liked them though they failed along the seam of the crotch at the top of Helvelyn which then involved a comedy ride back in old Lycra undercrackers…

Now have the troy lee motos and they’ve been great so far, have two pairs.

hambl90
    Free Member

Sounds like the skylines are popular, I’ll take a closer look at them I think.

Thanks guys

DezB
    Free Member

I’ve got RF Trigger – 45quid at Wiggle. Top quality, nice soft fabric. For something more rugged, try Zimtstern from CRC.

hambl90
    Free Member

Skylines at crc only seem to be available in 26″ size, don’t think I’ve been that slim since I was about 13

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me some shorts’ is closed to new replies.