Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Recommend me some rigid forks
  • Stevet1
    Free Member

Current commuter bike is built from spares and has got some RS Sektor forks fitted which feel like the right length for the frame when wound down to 110mm. Prior to fitting these I had some rigid salsa forks fitted which were 420mm long and royally screwed the handling (and pedalling -seat angle was way too steep). I’d like to go back to rigids at some point as I don’t actually need the boinginess and the extra weight / servicing together with difficulties fitting a decent mudguard is not ideal. So any recommendations for a decent set of forks that would keep the handling about the same? Ideally bolt through, or at least forward facing dropouts (like the salsa) as running discs. Using 26″ wheels BTW.

Ta.

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

Kona Project 2 for a 29er? Not sure how long that would be mind, but should be longer than a ‘suspension adjusted’ 26er.
    I recently bought a pair of these for my Kona PHD to replace the standard carbon alloy ones. They are lovely, triple butted for comfort.

onewheelgood

eXotic?

Very similar to the Pro XCR 445 I’ve got on my SS, which are great.

takisawa2

470mm (29er) fork worked really well on the 26″ wheel Inbred I had years ago.
    Usual susopension fork was a 120mm Pace.

Something like THIS

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me some rigid forks’ is closed to new replies.