Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Recommend me some pedals – Superstar too big….
  • robdob
    Free Member

My Nanoflats at 105x100x17 are just a bit big – feel too big under my feet and they are quite square so on my Pitch Pro they seem to hit the floor a lot/get caught on rocks.

I always had DMR V8’s on before the SS’s but conversely they were a bit small although the shape of them felt great.

I nearly went for the Vault pedals but they are even larger than the SS at 105x115mm!!

Looking at the Hope pedals they look like a nice shape but I can’t seem to find on their site how big they are. Same is with the new DMR V12’s which look very nice indeed.

Would very much like gold pedals but it’s not a deal breaker. Not interested in fancy imported ones, would prefer a British make if possible.

atlaz
    Free Member

Made in the UK or made in the far east but from a UK company?

robdob
    Free Member

Either is fine, not a deal breaker either but Hope or DMR both really good – any suggestions welcome though!

robdob
    Free Member

New V12’s are 100x95mm, might be one to try – anyone used them yet?

robdob
    Free Member

Anyone?

hora
    Free Member

Fancy selling yours robdob? Could pick em up when in Hudds next. What colour are they?

robdob
    Free Member

Yeah I’ll be selling the old ones. They are the limited edition “root beer” colour. Bearings still smooth, have a few knocks and ano worn a bit but that’s to be expected!

hora
    Free Member

I originally ordered rootbeer and they sent me PINK. So I’d like to bin the pink ones..

GHill

robdob – Member
    New V12’s are 100x95mm, might be one to try – anyone used them yet?

That’s only 2.5 mm smaller in each direction than the Superstar ones – are you sure that’s noticeable?

hora
    Free Member

What about those plastic Nukeproofs? Saw a pair recently and they looked diddy compared.

HindlePie
    Free Member

How much for the pink ones Hora?

nickjb
    Free Member

Specialized Pro Mag 2. After much searching I’m coming back to these for very similar reasons to you. Available in a slight dull gold too.

Tracey

I have small feet and have been running Specialized Pro Mags for years. They just run on and on and have never been stripped or serviced. Can be had cheap if you shop around

robdob
    Free Member

That’s only 2.5 mm smaller in each direction than the Superstar ones – are you sure that’s noticeable?

Good point, but the SS pedals are very square, the V12’s have cut off corners that might not catch as easily.

motozulu
    Free Member

Not to everyone’s taste I know, but I have just gone over to flats from SPD’s – I have size 8 feet and find these are a great fit, just right and grippy with the Teva Links I have.

Superstar dreadnoughts – British made and currently half price at £45, you get a choice of pin colours too.

http://superstar.tibolts.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=42&products_id=505

Edit….ouch! these have gone up a bit since I got mine last week!

warpcow
    Free Member

Hope are a tiny bit bigger than Nanos. Someone over on the Saint pedals thread was saying they’re a bit smaller than Nanos.

robdob
    Free Member

I do like the look of those black SS pedals above but can’t help thinking the edges stick out a bit and could get snapped off or cracked off on the many rocks round here, especially with my belly scraping Spesh. 😉

FROGLEEK
    Free Member

Exotic pedals from carbon cycles…10 colours to choose from, low profile, grippy as, £34….end of thread

richmtb

Exotic pedals from carbon cycles…10 colours to choose from, low profile, grippy as, £34….end of thread

Yes they are great but also identical to Supersar Nano’s! (they are the same pedal)

Wellgo MG-1’s are a good bit smaller than Nano’s

Northwind

HT AE01 is a bit smaller. Also very thin so should hit less things. Also really badly designed but you can get them for around £30 and once the useless outer bearing dies you can still bodge them back into life. So kinda hard to recommend, but they’re alright.

The mag bodied Vault is smaller btw, but also expensiver.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me some pedals – Superstar too big….’ is closed to new replies.