Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Recommend me some padded shorts and wristguards
  • flyingmonkeycorps

For snowboarding, if you could please. Only off for a week so I don’t want to spend loads, but I don’t want to buy something that won’t work either.

Cheers!

legend
    Free Member

Forget the wrist guards (unless you mean the soft things), they just tend to move any injury further up the arm or shoulder

Loads of shorts on offer, how much you looking to spend? Forcefield work nicely for snowboarding in my experience, tad pricey though.

batfink
    Free Member

I bought those cheap dakine wristguards for my first week – aaaaaand broke my wrist 😀
    After that I’ve been wearing the “Red” wrist guards, which are more comfortable, and I’ve had 100% fewer wrist breaks over the last 5 seasons, despite some heavy falls.

After my wrist break, somebody recomended that I get elbow pads. I don’t think many people wear them, but I seem to deliberately fall on them rather than my wrist – which seems to be working well. I don’t go out without them now.

Never bothered with padded shorts before, but last season was really icy, so I picked up some 661 bombers from CRC for £15 when they were on sale. Haven’t used them yet, but they seem ideal

flyingmonkeycorps

As little as possible on shorts, really… If I find myself going more regularly I’ll get some good ones, otherwise I was looking at something like these.

For wrist guards… I’ve read quite a bit about them, and a quite a few folk seem to recommend them – I was looking at the Dakine ones, those Red ones look ok too, what do they size like?

I like to think I can fall reasonably well (I do it enough off the bike!) but I’d sooner not tempt fate.

sweepy
    Free Member

Id definately use wrist guards, they aren’t a panacea but they do help.

Best advice ive found on this stuff is Mike Langran
    here

flyingmonkeycorps

Aye it was that that made me think I ought to pick some up!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me some padded shorts and wristguards’ is closed to new replies.