Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Recommend me some nice trail shorts
  • oscillatewildly
    Free Member

not the usual endura/altura offerings, fancy something a bit different, still mtb specific, but with a nice slim cut, not keen on flappy shorts at all, i think the gore ones look spot on but are a little out of price range (nearly 100quid)

so any nice ones out there for about 50-60 quid? dont want mega loud colours but maybe something different than black for summer

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Madison addict, you’ll get them for forty odd quid online, RRP 59.99. Come in black and green too.

_tom_
    Free Member

I dunno they look more enduro than trail to me 😛

I like my dhb shorts. Good fit, look ok and are cheap.

Jamie
    Free Member

I was going to recommend DHB, but mine have currently gone back as all the stitching has fell out the arse. Currently waiting for a replacement pair.

Which Gore ones are you after? Might be able to find them in the sales?

gogg
    Free Member

Yep, those addict shorts are very nice, I got a pair a couple of months ago from my LBS £45

sandwicheater

The hagloffs shorts look amaze balls but well out of your/my budget.

I’ve a pair of Mavic Stratos shorts that are an excellent slim/long fit.

fathomer

The Madison Addicts are good, so much so I’ve just ordered a pair of the Zenith’s which will hopefully be just as nice. I also like my TLD skylines and Intreid Apparrel Mission’s.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

not seen the dhb ones will have a look

i think they are the fusion ones from gore, but circa £120 rrp, which im not paying 😆

have seen some poc ones that look quite nice to, just called poc trail but no idea on sizing nor does it look like they have a belt/adjustable waist

the madison ones look nice enough, but no different really from my endura singletrack ones to be honest bar the colours

moonsaballoon

MBUK are offering free madison shorts if you take out a subscription , I think its £22 for a six month subscription so it works out quite good value .
    Anyone know how they size up compared to endura ?

mindmap3
    Free Member

I’ve been really impressed with my TLD Ace shorts. They’re pretty slim fitting but the fit and cut is good. The liner is good too.

dantsw13

The Madison Addict also have a waterproof arse panel. I’m pretty close to buying a pair I think.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

mavic crossmax ones look pretty decent apart from the jazzy colour, but i still actually quite like them!

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

anyone got the POC trail shorts? they look pretty much what im after, nice and slim, minimilist look and the green looks quite nice too

gogg
    Free Member

At my LBS in the link above, they’ve got some Pearl izumi shorts on the sale rail with a more “tailored” fit.

_tom_
    Free Member

I have some POC shorts snd they’re nice. Fit is spot on and they’re a bit stretchy. Hard wearing as well. Dunno if I’d pay full price though as £80 odd for shorts is ridiculous.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

yeh im not paying 80 if i play my cards right and wait for them to come on CRC i should get them around 60max

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

TLD Skyline’s.

spendtoomuch
    Free Member

Cheers for the link to the mbuk subscription, I was going to buy the shorts anyway so now I have them cheaper and some loo reading material!

Moonsaballoon, I dont have any endura shorts but my other madison shorts fit me perfectly. I am a 34 waist and I wear a medium if that helps

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

I like my TLD Skyline, simple design, not flappy, can be worn as fashion shorts IMO.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

will check out the tld skylines too then, they dont look too flappy at all cheers, nice back drop pic by the way!

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

well just had a look at them, very very similar to the pocs but half the price, do indeed look very slim fitting and nice colours! im sold

how do they size up? im around a 30-31″ waist max and want them to fit and forget, with no need to keep pulling them up etc etc

mindmap3
    Free Member

I find TLD shorts slightly smaller than say Fox or Sombrio.

I’m a large in Fox or Sombrio but an XL in TLD shorts.

I can’t fault the Ace’s that I bought – they’re really comfy, don’t ride up and aren’t too flappy so nowt to get caught on saddles etc.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

I’m a 32/33 waist and can just about squeeze into a 32 Skyline, but they are a bit snug. If you are 30/31 I would say go for a 32. They have adjuster tabs on them too.

kneebiscuit
    Free Member

Anybody got a link to the mbuk subscription offer. I can’t for the life of me find it anywhere!

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

cheers hobnob appreciate the help, will try and get some ordered, CRC are knocking last years colours out at 40quid so worth a punt

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

As above, they’re a bit smaller than usual, I’m Medium 32″ waist and 32 is tight around the waist with the waist tabs let right out. I’ve since bought some 34″ which are loose but still by no means too big, quite a bit more flappy round the knees tho. 32 should fit you nicely.

prezet
    Free Member

I’ve just picked up a pair of the Fox Demo Freeride shorts – really comfy, very well cut, not DH moto style material. Perfect for most duties.

curiousyellow
    Free Member

I despise the velcro fly on the TLD shorts. Not buying another pair of shorts with velcro flies ever.

Bib wearers know what I’m talking about.

Burchy1
    Free Member

Those Madison Addict shorts look interesting.

Could anyone with a pair post up the full length of them (waist to bottom of leg) as they look a bit short in the pics.

devash
    Free Member

Also interested in those Madison addict shorts. How true to the size charts do they run? Altura stuff fits me spot on in a medium but I always have to size up in Endura / Polaris kit.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me some nice trail shorts’ is closed to new replies.