Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Recommend me some nice lightweight XC tyres for racing……
  • hopefiendboy

After some nice lightweight XC tyres for my steed- had the same ones on for about 2years now. Someone mentioend that Specialized Sauserwinds were good

Ideally for most conditions, being based in nice dry scotland.

Any suggestions?

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Budget?

pinches
    Free Member

Schwalbe Rocket Rons

epicsteve
    Free Member

Conti Speed King Supersonics.

hopefiendboy

not mega bucks!!

gothandy

Whats the difference between rocket rons and nobby nics?

KINGTUT
    Free Member

hopefiendboy – Member

not mega bucks!!

Well that will rule out Schwalbe, silly bloody money for tyres IMO.

You'll be needing Maxxis Aspen £21.99 each at nextdaytyres.co.uk, they weigh around 465g each and get great reviews. I have them and like them a lot.

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Bontrager Revolt Super X.

Consistently get me 28th place.

(Tyres good, rider shite)

njee20
    Free Member

Rocket Rons are very good, but I'd worry about longevity using them in Scotland. I'd say Ralphs would be better, shop around though, they're usually cheap from Germany.

epicsteve
    Free Member

I've used both Racing Ralphs and Speed King Supersonics here in the Pentlands. The Ralphs are fantastic in the dry by the Speed Kings are much better in softer conditions.

pinches
    Free Member

cheap schwalbes http://www.nextdaytyres.com, or as above, make friends with a german!

Ralphs also a valid choice

oldgit
    Free Member

I'd go with epicsteve on that, I'll have Rocket Rons on soon but they look delicate.

Edit; it looks like they've redesigned the Ralph a bit, it doesn't look so grippy anymore. They might have done it so the Ron fits nicely into the range? I could be totally wrong though I'm sure the knobs are square as opposed to v shaped.

Paceman
    Free Member

+1 Maxxis Aspen

great price and great in all but slop 🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me some nice lightweight XC tyres for racing……’ is closed to new replies.