Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Recommend me some new knee pads pls
  • tuskaloosa
    Free Member

Just back from CwmCarn… took a pretty nasty spill on the TT after the cow catcher. Thanks to the full face helmet I came away with only wrecking my left knee and a multitude of skin and DNA left behind in Cwncarm, time to replace the 661’s.

Need some recommendations for knee pads for general riding and downhill.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

IXS Assault Knee/Shin but a big fan of these, proper velcro and stay in place better than any I’ve had before. Easy to move in and lightish.

sluff
    Free Member

I’ve got POC VPD2 and really like them. A friend just got the nukeproof ones and I just got their elbow ones. They seems good quality and a fantastic price.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    philbert31
    Free Member

I’ve got the new Poc VPD 2 ones which are great , although they did rub a bit on the back of my knees on my first outing with them at the weekend although I imagine that will settle down as I break them in.

I do have my older set of Poc VPDs for sale if your interested? They’re in the classifieds , £45 posted. Only worn half a dozen times and only changed cos I’ve got skinny legs and need a small rather than medium. 🙂

eightyeight
    Free Member

I’ve got a pair of SixSixOne riot pads. I wore them for the first time on Satuday, but found they’re too big. There rather muddy to take back so need to get a medium. They’re on classifieds, £25 posted.

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/sixsixone/2012-riot-knee-pads-ec034285

tuskaloosa
    Free Member

Thanks 88, I’m a bit wary of the 661’s now

Phil thanks for the offer, I’ll need a XL or L

Mike, do you use yours for general riding or downhill?

svalgis
    Free Member

I like my Fox Launch Pads for general trail riding.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Used them for all UK riding, Lakes, N Wales and trail centres. Also used them DH. Tend to find I get more strikes and whips to the shins than knee crashes.

timnwild

Just got the nukeproof pads off CRC, cos they were on offer. If they’re half as good as the borrowed POC ones that saved my kneecap in Spain last week, I’ll be happy.

pymwymis
    Free Member

Another for Fox Launch Pro here. Very comfortable to pedal in. Can wear them all day without adverse effects and do the the job they’re supposed to. Sizing comes up small but if you get them from wiggle / CRC then you can get 2 sizes and return the ones that don’t fit.

Not too expensive either.

tuskaloosa
    Free Member

tim would be interested to know how the nukes work out..

think given the array of recommendations might order a few, try and then return the others…

tuskaloosa
    Free Member

tim would be interested to know how the nukes work out..

think given the array of recommendations might order a few, try and then return the others…

mrmojo
    Free Member

philbert31 – YGM

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I got some Nukes which I haven’t bashed yet, wore them for two days riding in Scotland & they were pretty comfy,

wobbliscott
    Free Member

+1 for Nukes. Very comfy and well made.

superfurryhead
    Free Member

+1 for fox launch for trail riding, wore mine around the red at Dalby 21ish miles and didn’t even notice I was wearing them, no shin protection so not sure about DH use.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me some new knee pads pls’ is closed to new replies.