Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Recommend me some new boots, please?
  • core

I want some new boots, for casual/outdoor wear. I have some nice tan chelsea boots that I wear a fair bit, but want something a bit more rugged, decent grippy(ish) sole, leather, lace up, not too fussy, tan or light brown.

Budget around £100 but could go more, don’t mind spending on decent shoes.

I’ve seen these, they seem the sort of thing, but struggling to find them in my size – 11/12:

https://www.treds.co.uk/mens/boots/base/siege/tan/3a8v

https://www.treds.co.uk/mens/boots/frank-wright/acton/brown/396v

I want something that will take a bit of abuse, not a fashion item that’s going to fall to pieces. Something that can stick a bit of walking off road in the dry and is reasonably stout.

Fire away.

alanf
    Free Member

Loake or Grenson.
    Probably top side of 200 rather than 100 but excellent quality.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Dr Martins (I am very heavy on my feet and mine are still going strong). I also have some nice boots from Russell and Bromley but more street wear than rugged walking and closer to £200

dmck16
    Free Member

Dr Marten 1460

Hard to beat for around the 100 mark. Try and find the 10 hole version if you can – the extra height balances out the large shoe size (I’m uk10 and the difference is noticeable)

EDIT: definitely shop around though. Got the GF a pair last year reduced to £60ish and they’re now her favourite boots.

EDITEDIT: The 10 holes are on the DM website Dr Marten 10 holes

Stoner
    Free Member

Currently sporting a Clarks chukka that is better made than most of the alternatives I’ve come across. Generously roomy too. Size 12 for me is usually not enough, but plenty of room for good socks in the Clarks

Rockape63
    Free Member

these look rather nice:

allthegear
    Free Member

Turns out Fly do men’s boots. I love my Fly boots. https://www.flylondonshop.co.uk/mens

Rachel

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

I plan on getting a pair of these. I’m sure there’s better options, but the current (very similar, just no Thinsulate lining) pair have been brilliant for everything from work to chasing small children into the winter sea (and keeping dry feet) and apres surf/ride footwear while getting changed.

Should add – current pair have been worn regularly for about seven years.

http://www.ugg.com/uk/foerster/888855186854.html

MrSmith
    Free Member

Loake or Grenson.
    Probably top side of 200 rather than 100 but excellent quality.

not the ones made in india, they are not “excellent quality” and they do not last as long as pair made in Northampton. Trickers are much better quality and all their range is made in the UK.
    you really do get what you pay for.

personally i would up the budget and get some redwing iron rangers, trickers or wolverine 1000mile.

buy cheap buy twice.

dmck16
    Free Member

MrSmith – Member
    buy cheap buy twice.

Apart from DM’s 😉

bongobob

If you can find the extra funds and try not to worry about the current hipster favour then redwing boots are very good.

benp1

Timberland

Lots of options, from really rugged to street wear

core

I like timberland boots, I had a pair of their chelsea boots for years, wore them almost every day, they were ace.

But, not that fussed on what they’ve got now. Used to like the Earthkeeper 6″ rugged boot, but looks like they’re not in the UK now.

Found one pair of DM’s I liked – not in stock in my size anywhere.

twicewithchips
    Free Member
    chewkw
    Free Member

Blundstone Original 500 Series

davosaurusrex

core – I have some Timberland Earthkeepers in a 12 that I wore about twice and forgot about. Will have to dig them out but sure they’re immaculate. Would you be interested?

maccruiskeen

There are some nice iterations of the Timberland ‘Wodehouse’ boots and shoes. In a similar vein to the earth keepers there are versions on Paladiums in leather instead of their usual canvas.

core

Potentially Davo yes, would have to check sizing though

PMK2060

+1 for the English manufactured Loakes (1880 range) but they are £200+. Last year I bought some boots similar to those you have posted from Next for £65. They are great for the money and well made.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me some new boots, please?’ is closed to new replies.