• This topic has 14 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by Kuco.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Recommend me some low profile knee guards
  • richmtb

I currently wear Race Face Rally FR knee / shin guards when I feel the need.

But they are a bit bulky and overkill most of the time.

I’m looking for some lower profile knee pads / guards.

Any recommendations?

honourablegeorge

I find the Troy Lee Shock Doctors good, dunno if I’d pedal in them though

G-Form, RaceFace Charge or those would be good options. POC if you’re minted.

eyerideit
    Free Member

POC VPD are very slim and offer good protection.

I can them under normal slim fitting shorts and the elbows slide through the sleeves of my Endura Flyte.

But you have to be minted to buy some, apparently.

richmtb

Endura one look quite good

£100 for the POC ones is just a bit much

Gotama
    Free Member

I’ve got the g-forms which are ok. Certainly a lot more comfortable than my 661 pads that preceded them for my riding. Crashed in them and they’re good for taking the first impact but beyond that they do move on your leg when you hit the ground whereas something like the poc will likely stay put.

boxfish
    Free Member

POC VPD are very slim

Avoid if you have rugby-plyers thighs…

al1982
    Free Member

ive got a pair of Race Face Charge knee guards, like this wiggle link

feel like you can ride all day in them, havent come off the bike yet so cant comment on how they perform that way!

eyerideit
    Free Member

Forgot to mention I’ve got chicken legs and bought them when they were on sale with a £10 off at crc so they were about £80.

Good for me huh? 😀

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I’ve some bulky-ish 661 pads (kyle strait?) , TBH they don’t move about much, they dont interfere with tight-ish shorts and they don’t rub. They do look a bit odd looking down at them though, but maybe that’s just me.

roverpig

Endura MT500 seem to work OK for me. I’m trying to train myself to wear them on more rides (as I never fall off when I expect to) and they seem comfortable enough and have saved a few bashes. Not got anything to compare them too though.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

ive got a pair of Race Face Charge knee guards

what are these like fit wise?

i’m a smidge under 6ft, 32 leg, slim to average legged

bonus if they keep the stingers at bay too 🙂

Northwind

Bigger is better with kneepads generally, unless you want to wear them under other clothes. You get better coverage, better articulation and comfort usually- counterintuitive but a bigger pad can be softer, smaller pads tend to be denser and stiffer.

GolfChick
    Free Member

interested in other recommendations too as got rid of kyle straits when stopped biking n now back at it think its a good idea to protect my knees again. Quite often wear 3/4 shorts so need em to fit under them.

zelak999
    Free Member

POC VPD 2 are expensive but mine have outlasted 2 pairs of 661 Kyle Straits, so good VFM in my opinion.

Kuco

I just got some VPD 2 from Singletrack bikes for £77

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me some low profile knee guards’ is closed to new replies.